Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Bm is NOT taking her Easter weekend.

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:07 AM
  • 28 Replies
It's her turn this year to have ss. It's our weekend, but her holiday, so she could take dh's weekend from him, but she's not. Dh doesn't want to say anything to her if she's going to let him take ss. The weird thing and why I posted, is she freaks out if dh takes his allotted, extra holiday time. For instance, on Presidents' Day he got him one extra day and she fought dh on it. Christmas was a nightmare. But she's not taking Easter weekend?

I just don't understand her and her thought process.
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Maybe she doesnt realize she can take it?
shanlee42
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:11 AM
It's so much easier not to try to figure others out. Maybe she has something going on.
notuseless
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Shhh she might not realize that its her holiday just keep it quiet. ;-)
cdrainey3
by Cher on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:22 AM
I don't think she does.

Quoting soonergirl980: Maybe she doesnt realize she can take it?
CrunchMaMaBear
by Queen Crunch on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM
ya ,its bm year for sss, but she told DH she will pick them up at 2 so ,SCORE, dh gets them half the day
win win :-)
CrunchMaMaBear
by Queen Crunch on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:31 AM
I think he should be honest and ask her, because he wouldn't want her to do that to him. karma is a bitch
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM

If she hasn't verbally said she's NOT taking SS for her holiday, then I think it would be wise for your DH to mention to her that it is her holiday and ask what her plans are.

If he doesn't, I think it will just spool up into a bigger issue down the road.  For example "You didn't let me take Easter so now you can't have Father's Day.  Or Memorial Day.  Or whatever..."

Some people just don't think about this stuff or stay on top of it.  BM in our sitch didn't seem to keep track and we even had an online calendar mapped out a year in advance. 

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Who cares why worry about it if shes not asking.  We split easter i have kids in morning and ex at 4

cdrainey3
by Cher on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I told dh to ask her, but he doesn't want to. He wouldn't of realized it either, if it wasn't for me. We have a lot of fun at Easter time. I have a very big family so we have a massive Easter egg hunt and ss has been talking about it and making plans with my nephew, so maybe she just doesn't care. It's our spring break right now as well, so ss is out of school thurs, fri and Monday. Maybe she figures she still gets a lot of time with him, idk.

She just seriously throws the biggest fits if dh wants any of his holiday times. Like say Easter and spring break was his this year, he would get ss thurs-Monday. She would be so upset. We had to have our lawyer call her over Xmas break because she wouldn't leave my dh alone about threatening to pick ss up early. So this just blows my mind.

Quoting Birdseed:

If she hasn't verbally said she's NOT taking SS for her holiday, then I think it would be wise for your DH to mention to her that it is her holiday and ask what her plans are.

If he doesn't, I think it will just spool up into a bigger issue down the road.  For example "You didn't let me take Easter so now you can't have Father's Day.  Or Memorial Day.  Or whatever..."

Some people just don't think about this stuff or stay on top of it.  BM in our sitch didn't seem to keep track and we even had an online calendar mapped out a year in advance. 

cdrainey3
by Cher on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM
I think this is her karma. She's done stuff like this so many times.

Quoting CrunchMaMaBear: I think he should be honest and ask her, because he wouldn't want her to do that to him. karma is a bitch
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)