Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

OT - Bragging Moment!! :)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:07 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

So, we went to the Safair Park - again - on Thursday, just me and the kids (I won't make the mistake of inviting MIL anywhere with us again). We had a good time, lots of fun. We even went late in the morning so we could last long enough in the afternoon to watch the Cheetah Run, it was really cool seeing the cheetah run at full speed - even though it only lasted for 4.6 seconds. lol

Anyway, back to my amazing son being awesome. lol I packed bread, peanut butter, jelly, a few fruit snacks, water, juice boxes, napkins, and a knife to make lunch while we were there. I didn't realize until I was making sandwiches that I didn't have enough for everyone, I only had enough for two. So I made the kids sandwiches and I had a fruit snack and some water, figured I'd eat when we got home (it's about 12 30-1pm at the time we had lunch, the cheetah run was scheduled for 3 30pm, to give the time frame).

Well, my son asked what I was going to eat and I told him that I was fine, he didn't like that though so he cut his sandwich in half and gave half to me. So sweet!!!

Later, after the cheetah run, we were heading out of the park. Close to the exit, there was a little boy about my daughter's age (5-6yo) who was wandering around, crying, obviously looking for someone. Before I could take another step toward him, my son goes up to him and takes his hand, asks if he's okay and needs help. The little boy just starts bawling, screaming that he can't find his family/group and doesn't know what to do. So my son, still holding the little boys hand, walks around with him looking at groups of people, asking the boy if he recognizes anyone, where he saw them last, where they were supposed to be going. After a couple of minutes without success, my son took the little boy to the rangers and explained the situation. A radio call went out and a few minutes after that, the boys' group came to get him.

The whole time I'm following my son with this little boy, he kept hold of the kids' hand and kept him close so they wouldn't get separated. I'm so proud of my son! He's amazingly awesome!

by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bothsidesofcoin
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Do you know what that is an example of? Great parenting. He's learned it from you. That is very sweet.
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Your son is nice boy
You should be proud you're doing good job:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chibi_Kitten
by Krystal on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I am so very proud, I nearly cried when I told him how proud I was of him for doing that. I've only ever taught both my kids what to do if they get separated from me, I've never considered telling them what to do if they come across someone else who's lost so I'm really happy that he took what I have taught him and applied it to the situation at hand. I'm all teary with pride just rereading this. :)

mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! That is awesome!! Proud mama moment for sure! :)
OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I love that, you should be extremely proud.
Frustrated10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this

You're a great mom and you have a beautiful and thoughtful child! Good job Mom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN