Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

just a vent

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
My family has always favored my ex over dh. Mind you we have 3 kids but never married. We have been seperated since 2008. Together from the age of 15-21. I've been with dh since nov 2010. I have 3 steps full timeand 4 bios one with dh.
IT'S my Lil brothers grad may 22 and I was gonna bring dh and 4 kids since ex has my 3 BIOS and is going as well. My sis said your bringing them....I'm sorry they are my family as well and my sd bday the 21. No one cares how I haven't been able to just be my hubs and family with out my ex there. SO irritating. I know they love him but fuck can they not invite him to one family event. Never! Just wish family accepted my family. I just close my self off from them for this reason and it kills me. :( Debbie downer I know sorry if it's a mess of a post
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I don't get that. I'm sorry you do. I love xMIL BUT I've only been to a couple of events where XH/SM were there too but the events were for our child. If it's a family event (mine or his) I don't go, we celebrate at a later time (it keeps the celebration going, right? LOL)
venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM
I've dealt with it and it sucks cause I'm a big family person. But they prefer ex over getting to know dh. And he sucked it up in jan for my sis bday and hubs came home early since my dad sm lil bro and sis were in town, and cooked a whole dinner for my sis best she turned 26. he did this putting his feelings asidefor my we went to my sis for nye and spending the night. Just to have mom say some stupid shit of how she was mad when my sis brought sd with her when she picked up bios for the night. Ugh
venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I understand and don't care if he's around sometimes but every event is harsh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)