Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

do you work?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM
  • 60 Replies
Good morning ladies! I hope you guys are having a great start this morning. I'm getting ready for work this morning and wondering what some of you do? Do you with part-time or full-time, in what field, and did you go to college. Or if you don't work what do you do when the kids are at school?

I'll go first... I went to a community college and got an AA in Exercise Science. I wish I would of pursued a 4 year... I work part-time up to 20 hours a week in human services. We help low income families with information and resources. I've been working there for the past 8 years. It has it's ups and downs. Overall, I'm thankful I have a job and glad I get to be with the kids the other part time hours.
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:25 AM
I currently do not work. I'll be starting back at college this summer to finish my bachelors degree in business. We have 4 kiddos total in our home (SD and our other 3 kiddos). SD and MDD both have special needs and someone needs to be available for all of their appointments (at its worst we have 5 appointments a week for about 5 months). DH has a higher earning potential so he works full time. DH is CP.

Prior to MDD being diagnosed with her special needs I worked in a therapy clinic for special needs children. My official title was assistant special education pre-school teacher, but I also worked with the occupation, physical, and speech therapists.
CrunchMaMaBear
by Queen Crunch on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:28 AM
5 moms liked this
I work 24hrs. a day,7 days a week. mandatory overtime . no. vacations or days off.
im a sahm
pseudomamma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I work full time at the same job for 28yrs.  We're a very small company.  I love the fact that I do not do the same thing everyday, day after day.  Actually, it can change minute to minute some days.  My job has given me the freedom to stay home when kids were sick.  BM would even call me and ask if I could stay home with SS, which I did.  That way, they both could work.  I used to bring SDs in over summer and let them answer phones and file, things like that.

momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I am a year away from graduating with a B.A. in curriculum and education, Middle leve Math (5-8). Hoping to get my endorsement to teach science as well.  Also a busy mom of 3.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I'm a full time speech therapist in a preschool building.

tiafez
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I am a professional daughter to an elderly mom with dementia. I am up with Mom from 8:30am to 4pm. I used to be a daycare provider. I did that for 25+ years

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I work full time as an event planner and departmental head administrator for a major firearms manufacturer.  I do have a degree.  I also have another, more important, full time job, mama to DD15 and DS11.  The first job finances the more important job.

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:52 AM
I got my AS in electronics in 2007. I have been working as a biomedical tech since. I am currently at my 2nd hospital. I love it. I repair and maintain all equipment. dh is home with babies at this time.
Rmlupin
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I honestly wish I could work right now. Daycare is outrageous for two kids though. I miss independence.

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I work ft. I'm a merchandiser for a major dept store. Not as fancy a job as some of these other ladies lol. ;-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)