Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

New Here

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:14 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hi (:
I am a 32 year old Mom to an 11 year old son, a 4 year old daughter and a 14 year old step son. I have been in my step sons life since he was 2 1/2 and he has now been living with us full time hardly seeing his biological Mom for almost 3 years. I love him to death, obviously we have our ups and downs but mostly worry about his impact on my younger son as they hang out a lot together and SS has been through a lot with biological mom and picks on my son...which is most likely normal sibling behavior but still hard for me to deal with. Anyone else have a hard time with step children and biological children? Looking forward to meeting and talking with some new moms in my shoes xoxo
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mags355
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Maybe talk to SS and tell him that his little brother looks up to him. Talk to him about examples of good influences.
venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Bio or not your right it's an older siblings thing. I was oldest and mean to my younger sis And step sis. My son is oldest of my 4BIOS and 3 Steps. And is bully to all. I just tell him to stop his shit or I'll treat him that way...he's only gonna be 10:)
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this
So far, the step kids haven't picked in DS much. They are picking on each other more. The skids are almost 8, 9, 10 and DS is almost 4.
Is he doing stuff that's over the line? I'd have his dad mention it at some point. We have had to have talks about not taking their anger about other things on each other.
RonansMommy02
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
im not in this situation yet. Ds is almost 10 months and ss is 2.5. Besides the "thats mine" argument when ds touches ss's toys its been pretty good. Im sure that will change as they get older. Its totally a sibling thing. My brother hated me until i was like 18 (we're 4 years apart). I was hit, pushed, shot with bb guns, had toys stolen and mutilated, called mean names. We get along great now :)
Brooklynmich024
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:19 PM
I definitely have done this and have to constantly remind him to be a good influence to both my son and even my 4 year old daughter because he messes with her all the time.

Quoting mags355: Maybe talk to SS and tell him that his little brother looks up to him. Talk to him about examples of good influences.
Brooklynmich024
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Love it! Ha thanks for your reply :)

Quoting venessaw04: Bio or not your right it's an older siblings thing. I was oldest and mean to my younger sis And step sis. My son is oldest of my 4BIOS and 3 Steps. And is bully to all. I just tell him to stop his shit or I'll treat him that way...he's only gonna be 10:)
Brooklynmich024
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:24 PM
This makes me feel better in general because I know siblings fight half step or bio. It's just hard for me cause my step son is the oldest and my boy who was the baby for a long time is the one who looks up to him and gets picked on.

Quoting RonansMommy02: im not in this situation yet. Ds is almost 10 months and ss is 2.5. Besides the "thats mine" argument when ds touches ss's toys its been pretty good. Im sure that will change as they get older. Its totally a sibling thing. My brother hated me until i was like 18 (we're 4 years apart). I was hit, pushed, shot with bb guns, had toys stolen and mutilated, called mean names. We get along great now :)
RonansMommy02
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I get it, I'm sure I'll feel the same why when my step son is picking on my son. It's hard to feel the same towards both kids when one isn't biologically yours. I agree with the others though I would talk to your SO about it and let your SS know that bullying, no matter who it is, isn't nice.

Quoting Brooklynmich024: This makes me feel better in general because I know siblings fight half step or bio. It's just hard for me cause my step son is the oldest and my boy who was the baby for a long time is the one who looks up to him and gets picked on.
Quoting RonansMommy02: im not in this situation yet. Ds is almost 10 months and ss is 2.5. Besides the "thats mine" argument when ds touches ss's toys its been pretty good. Im sure that will change as they get older. Its totally a sibling thing. My brother hated me until i was like 18 (we're 4 years apart). I was hit, pushed, shot with bb guns, had toys stolen and mutilated, called mean names. We get along great now :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN