Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I'm new & don't understand

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:17 PM
  • 11 Replies
Im having trouble decoding some of the abbreviations.
like ss is step son, right?
I don't get dh but I get bm is baby mama (drama)

eh it's hard to read more then half of these posts.
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pieceOpapr
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:34 PM
thank you. I've been searching forever b it's hard on a phone.
minimoo
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:36 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes, ss is stepson. Sd=stepdaughter. Dh= dear husband or if you're mad at him, damn husband. Dd/ds= dear daughter/dear son. Bm is biological mom (only baby mama if you are ghetto)... Hope this helps :-) Welcome!
Leigh84
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM
BM is bio mom. The term baby mama is frowned upon here
bottomline
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I wish the admins would attach the lingo list to the top of each group so new posters could easily view it. It would help everyone out when they first arrive here.

Rocker.Mom.07
by The Savior on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Also, one thing that confused me is, BF a lot of times means Birth Father in this group...not boyfriend lol

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:54 AM

jfgi

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Maybe it's just me but I've noticed that BF tends to be Bio/Birth Father and bf tends to be boyfriend.  Upper case is biology, lower case is dating.  Maybe it's just my interpretation?  ;) 

Quoting Rocker.Mom.07:

Also, one thing that confused me is, BF a lot of times means Birth Father in this group...not boyfriend lol

Rocker.Mom.07
by The Savior on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I noticed that, too...after awhile lol before joining this group I mostly just read stuff in the confessions group...so no one really used BF in there. I notice mostly people using SO rather than bf.

Quoting jules2boys:

Maybe it's just me but I've noticed that BF tends to be Bio/Birth Father and bf tends to be boyfriend.  Upper case is biology, lower case is dating.  Maybe it's just my interpretation?  ;) 

Quoting Rocker.Mom.07:

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I never knew about the confessions group until recently.  LOL 

And, I agree, bf and SO are interchangable on here usually. :) 

What gets me is when people are on their cell and then they also use the terms interchangably.  I can't follow along.  I never know if it's a typo from their cell or if I'm just lost!  LOL 

Quoting Rocker.Mom.07:

I noticed that, too...after awhile lol before joining this group I mostly just read stuff in the confessions group...so no one really used BF in there. I notice mostly people using SO rather than bf.

Quoting jules2boys:

Quoting Rocker.Mom.07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)