Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Just A Typical Mom Complaint

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:31 PM
  • 25 Replies

Okay so this has nothing to do with being a SM but just about being a Mom  in general.

I often feel like I live with 3 children....my DH and the two kids. My issue is bathroom talk/behavior. I understand that everyone has gas and its a natural thing but I feel like my DH doesn't even try to be polite about it and now my ss 10 is starting to mimic his behavior. I spend the most time with the kids and now I'm having to tell my ss to knock it off when he passes gas because he laughs hysterically, doesn't excuse himself or just continually talks about it. I think it's gross and unnessary. You have gas fine but excuse yourself and move on. I do not understand why it has to be such a big comedy every time someone passes gas? Maybe I am over reacting but I feel that at 10 & 32 years old they should be passed the immature crap of passing gas.

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
minimoo
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh is almost 34. He still thinks gas is the funniest thing ever- and poop. Be feels the need to chase me down when he feels one coming. I have no advice lol.
Heebie12
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting minimoo: My dh is almost 34. He still thinks gas is the funniest thing ever- and poop. Be feels the need to chase me down when he feels one coming. I have no advice lol.

OMG! There is NO HOPE! At least I know I'm not alone. My DH also feels the need to give me the low down on his poop every morning and every night he tells me he has bad gas. My response is what else is new?

LOL. Good LUCk!

rsmom2511
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this
They have a penis, therefore gas and poop will be funny forever., i feel your pain because i deal with it too from my dh and ss. Its just one more piece of evidence that women are the superior species! Lol...
Mom.Of.Two.2
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a 30-yo husband and 4-yo stepdaughter who will joke about farting and pooping all day long and laugh about it like they've just discovered it. It doesn't bother me because they know when there are guests over or we are in a guests' home they don't act that way.
bothsidesofcoin
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:53 PM
I have 3 boys a DH, all brothers and 90% make cousins. I'll take gas and poop over talk about penises and balls anyday
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Even though I agree that it's a guy thing, there is a time and place and if it offends you, then it shouldn't be in your face all the time.  I don't appreciate it either. 

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I've managed to ban the gas passing/poop talking from the dinner table. I'm taking that as a win and being happy with that lol.

Quoting minimoo: My dh is almost 34. He still thinks gas is the funniest thing ever- and poop. Be feels the need to chase me down when he feels one coming. I have no advice lol.

***Briterican***

cdrainey3
by Cher on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh and I have 3 boys, his son from a previous marriage (ss10) and together we have two. They as well think its so funny and laugh and giggle. My dh just belched a massive burp as I was reading your post. I don't like it all. I tell them they are not allowed to do it in front of me or any other girl. I work every Sunday and they are home with dh all day. I tell them to have their farting burping times when moms NOT home.

None of that really helps. Dh does try to be a good example, but he's still a man...
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:46 PM
I have also managed to keep the tooting/ poo talk away from the dinner table and I totally agree its a win!!!!! They know not to do it in polite company but at home (away from the table) toots provide them with hours of amusement lol!

Quoting soonergirl980:

I've managed to ban the gas passing/poop talking from the dinner table. I'm taking that as a win and being happy with that lol.

Boobear110
by Audra on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Boys. Gross. That is all! 😃

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)