Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

am i wrong?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:15 AM
  • 32 Replies
Lately when my bf has visitation with his son he goes to sleep amd I'm left caring for his 3 yr old...I barely see my 6yr old and it hurts to see both his parents so indifferent to their son...so what I've been doing is when he comes over I leave so my bf is forced to stay awake amd watch him, but instead he gets mad amd sends him off to grandma's if I'm not home...baby mama prefers to party and he prefers to sleep...now today he's spending the night amd I struggled to get a 3 yr old who is given anything he wants just to shut him up and always wins to sleep but he finally went down...I keep telling my bf to move him since he's on the edge of the bed...yes I can move him but I feel my bf needs to pay more attention to his son so I haven't moved him and. I'm sleeping on the couch that way if he does fall off ( not very far) he has to deal with it for not moving him in the first place and choosing sleep over his son...I feel terrible but Idk what to do....

Well now he started crying because he has to sleep next to someone and I got yelled at for not being next to him
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:49 AM
8 moms liked this
You aren't wrong.

You've been given a glimpse of life with this man. He is not going to change. What decision are you going to make that will benefit you and your son?
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:40 AM
You're not wrong at all. He needs to step up and be a parent and not push his responsibilities off on you. If he won't do that, I wouldn't put up w/it.
amantonacci
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this

You're not wrong... But I wouldn't be able to be withbomeone not interested in raising their child.

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:23 AM
5 moms liked this
I wouldn't be interested in a man who acted that way. You need a new boyfriend.
cdrainey3
by Cher on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:57 AM
My dh went through a stage like that. He's always been pretty involved in ss life but he still doesn't see him much due to co arrangements. Dh would just "let" me do everything. Or started expecting that I would. This was after we had a baby together. One day he picked up ss came home and went in to take a nap, without even saying anything. I was pissed. Went in there flipped the light on and said get up and take care of your kid! You didn't bring him over to spend time with me. Come spend time with him or take him back to his mom! He got the point and got up. Said he was sorry and took the kids to do something fun.

My dh is a type one diabetic, so he certainly goes through months or sometimes just weeks of being really tired and worn out. I feel bad for him, but usually a good reminder brings him back. That hasn't happened in years and I think it's because I don't allow it.

You're not wrong for wanting your dh to care for his child!
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Why do you "barely see" your 6YO?  If I were you, I'd focus on that part and pull chocks on this deal with the boyfriend and his kiddo and just go get your own stuff together and see your child.

A guy who acts like this with his child is not long term partner material in my world.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Quoting Birdseed:

Why do you "barely see" your 6YO?  If I were you, I'd focus on that part and pull chocks on this deal with the boyfriend and his kiddo and just go get your own stuff together and see your child.

A guy who acts like this with his child is not long term partner material in my world.

DoofusAloofus
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

So many questions, so little time!...

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Fuck taking care of someone else's toddler. The first time that was "expected" of me id have told him where he could shove that idea. Then again toddler age isn't my fave, I'm not very patient. I deal with my own just because I have to.

That's either here nor there, your bf sounds like a shitty ass dad. When I met SO his youngest was 2 and He didn't expect me to do shit for the kid. Now he is almost 6. He still does almost everything for that guy at our house.
samsmama88
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:00 PM
The way my custody arrangements are with my ex husband I see dd very little, we have been and still are in a custody battle

Quoting Birdseed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)