Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

seatbelts

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:41 AM
  • 83 Replies
Recently I found out that when my 3 boys are with their dad and they are traveling with SM and her son that they do not wear seatbelts because there are 3 seatbelts and 4 children. I found this out by my youngest saying dad would get a motorcycle if SM didn't start wearing hers. Meanwhile he has purchased 2 new vehicles both not equipped to travel safely with that many children. My kids are 14, 11, and 9. And until now I have never had to worry about their physical safety when not with me. I told my ex that I thought this was unacceptable and he told me it was none of my business. To me that's like me saying its not his if I choose to drink and drive (I don't) I am now questioning how responsible my kids are if they can get in a vehicle without a seatbelt..any advice?
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:20 AM
6 moms liked this
Car seat safety is a hill to die on. I'd take him back to court and have it written into the CO that he must provide safe transportation, inculding a vehicle bug enough with enough seat belts for the children, or you have the right to refuse visitation.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:25 AM
I agree. This isn't something I would sit back and not say something about.

Although this contradicts newbies theory on dads say in raising his kids in his home how he wants but she probably already forgot she said that. Shrug.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama: Car seat safety is a hill to die on. I'd take him back to court and have it written into the CO that he must provide safe transportation, inculding a vehicle bug enough with enough seat belts for the children, or you have the right to refuse visitation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
codysara
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:27 AM
I didn't forget. This is in regards to the safety of our children. Not hurt feelings.

Quoting momof2ex1: I agree. This isn't something I would sit back and not say something about. Although this contradicts newbies theory on dads say in raising his kids in his home how he wants but she probably already forgot she said that. Shrug.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama: Car seat safety is a hill to die on. I'd take him back to court and have it written into the CO that he must provide safe transportation, inculding a vehicle bug enough with enough seat belts for the children, or you have the right to refuse visitation.
cdrainey3
by Cher on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think it's contradicting. There's a difference between dad raising his kids how he chooses and flat out putting them in danger.

Quoting momof2ex1: I agree. This isn't something I would sit back and not say something about. Although this contradicts newbies theory on dads say in raising his kids in his home how he wants but she probably already forgot she said that. Shrug.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:36 AM
I don't disagree. I already said that. I would die on this hill.

Quoting cdrainey3: I don't think it's contradicting. There's a difference between dad raising his kids how he chooses and flat out putting them in danger.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
codysara
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Thanks for standing up for me but momof2 ( who probably shoulda stopped) has been a jerk to me all night. I see no change and so far no benefit in joining this site. I did not join to defend myself. And to spend the last 1+ doing just that is a waste of time on very insecure threatened people

Quoting cdrainey3: I don't think it's contradicting. There's a difference between dad raising his kids how he chooses and flat out putting them in danger.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Who has hurt feelings?

Quoting codysara: I didn't forget. This is in regards to the safety of our children. Not hurt feelings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww don't be that way. You started it 100% by quoting me and freaking out on me and using !!! To make a point in which a point to me did not even need to be made.

Honey - the first thing I learned about this site is that people who use insecure and threatened to describe others in a defense is 100% a reflection of themselves. It gets tossed around a lot. Oh and the word bitter. Which are three words that 75% of the members of this group who know me know do not apply to me. So you can keep on keeping on cause I can go all night. I've been here a lot longer and you are not hurtin' my feelings.

Quoting codysara: Thanks for standing up for me but momof2 ( who probably shoulda stopped) has been a jerk to me all night. I see no change and so far no benefit in joining this site. I did not join to defend myself. And to spend the last 1+ doing just that is a waste of time on very insecure threatened people

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
codysara
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Can I block you momof2ex1. You truly are like tits without nipples..pointless. you just said I contradicted myself, then another woman said I didn't, And then you said you agree with her? I think you are just here to cause drama and not untie women. And I would like you gone

Quoting momof2ex1: Who has hurt feelings?

Quoting codysara: I didn't forget. This is in regards to the safety of our children. Not hurt feelings.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol. Unfortunately I've asked if there is a block function and there is not. You can feel free to ignore me though ;)

Quoting codysara: Can I block you momof2ex1. You truly are like tits without nipples..pointless. you just said I contradicted myself, then another woman said I didn't, And then you said you agree with her? I think you are just here to cause drama and not untie women. And I would like you gone

Quoting momof2ex1: Who has hurt feelings?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)