Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What do you wish you knew about your DH before...

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:13 PM
  • 60 Replies

What do you wish you knew about your Ex-DH/current DH that would have stopped you from getting married?

by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KnowItAll
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:25 PM
There is nothing.
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Nothing. That's saying that I regret our marriage.

He has personality quirks that are annoying, but nothing so severe that I would wish that I hadn't married him or something like that. 

nativestepmom50
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:31 PM

First of all that hes Bi-polar if he had told me I would never married him and this is why. After we got married, during our first year, I never knew anything about his illness, he never brought it up or the fact he was off his medications when we married. Few months later, he got violent, started slapping me in my face on both sides repeatedly, I couldn't find a way out of the house and he wouldn't stop, my face turned numb on both sides and lost total feelings and he turned around and left the house. I had packed some things and my mother in law took me to my mothers house, later I was told he got arrested and was taken to a mental hospital. I was totally bruised on both sides of my face and ears. He got his mental tune-up and was discharged. The 2nd time his Dr had changed his medications and ended up trying to choke me to death, drove out to a dirt road he was hearing voices telling him to hurt me and dont' let me live and I passed out over 5 times, every time I came to he choke me again. I thought I was a goner that night but he drove back to town and I ran to a neighbors house he had his mother take him to the crisis center to be admitted. I was in depression and had to see a psychriatrist and be on medications. Years passed and no more episodes in 8 years until he relapse and left the state. I had stayed by his side because my vows for better or worse, in sickness and in health. I had done alot of research on bi-polar and understand the episodes and his mental illness. Today we are happy and going on 11 years of marriage.

bfountain
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

How crazy his daughter was/is and how controlling his family is

ghwannabe
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Wow you went through an ordeal. I hope there are no more relapses. I know a few men that had mental issues that were on and off their meds. They thought they didn't need them anymore. It wad a constant rollercoaster. No one I dated but people I've met in my lifetime.

Quoting nativestepmom50:

First of all that hes Bi-polar if he had told me I would never married him and this is why. After we got married, during our first year, I never knew anything about his illness, he never brought it up or the fact he was off his medications when we married. Few months later, he got violent, started slapping me in my face on both sides repeatedly, I couldn't find a way out of the house and he wouldn't stop, my face turned numb on both sides and lost total feelings and he turned around and left the house. I had packed some things and my mother in law took me to my mothers house, later I was told he got arrested and was taken to a mental hospital. I was totally bruised on both sides of my face and ears. He got his mental tune-up and was discharged. The 2nd time his Dr had changed his medications and ended up trying to choke me to death, drove out to a dirt road he was hearing voices telling him to hurt me and dont' let me live and I passed out over 5 times, every time I came to he choke me again. I thought I was a goner that night but he drove back to town and I ran to a neighbors house he had his mother take him to the crisis center to be admitted. I was in depression and had to see a psychriatrist and be on medications. Years passed and no more episodes in 8 years until he relapse and left the state. I had stayed by his side because my vows for better or worse, in sickness and in health. I had done alot of research on bi-polar and understand the episodes and his mental illness. Today we are happy and going on 11 years of marriage.

ghwannabe
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:06 AM
How old is the daughter?

Quoting bfountain:

grambo91
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this
That he is emotionally unavailable and refuses to compromise on anything. The facts that I'm always last.
ghwannabe
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Was he like that before you married him?

Quoting grambo91: That he is emotionally unavailable and refuses to compromise on anything. The facts that I'm always last.
grambo91
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Yeah. But I didn't realize it. He always as convinced me that I am just too sensitive or overreacting. I know that sounds insane. I got really depressed about four months ago and couldn't even get out of bed. Started going to counseling where I discovered I'm in a emotionally abusive marriage. Yayyyyy! Lol

Quoting ghwannabe: Was he like that before you married him?

Quoting grambo91: That he is emotionally unavailable and refuses to compromise on anything. The facts that I'm always last.
bfountain
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM

She was turning 13 when we met she is now 16.  I guess crazy is not what i should of put.  She steals and lies about almost everything.

Quoting ghwannabe: How old is the daughter?
Quoting bfountain:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN