Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Recognize BM on Mother's Day?

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM
  • 67 Replies
Do any of you step moms show any recognition towards BM on Mother's Day? What if you do not get along? ....and vice versa does he recognize you as a step mother?
by on May. 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracisanchez
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM
****I meant does SHE recognize you as a step mother ***
Leigh84
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope, that's what her kids are for. Honestly, if she wasn't such a wackadoodle I might send her a happy Mother's Day text. From one mother to another but seriously, she bipolar. One day she's fine w/you the next day she's not. "Ain't nobody got time fo' that"
faerie75
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:57 PM

lol i will ecognize her by having the skids stay woith her that day! haha jk. i tell her happy motehrs day thats about it. i really should get her some small token though, she got me a christmas present this year.

Leigh84
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM
She knows I'm sm but I don't get recognition from her. Thats ok I don't need anything from her.

Quoting Leigh84: Nope, that's what her kids are for. Honestly, if she wasn't such a wackadoodle I might send her a happy Mother's Day text. From one mother to another but seriously, she bipolar. One day she's fine w/you the next day she's not. "Ain't nobody got time fo' that"
jules2boys
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I don't recognize SM on Mother's Day. She's never recognized me on Mother's Day.  IF I happened to see her on that day (hasn't happened so far, no reason to think it would in the future because we live too far apart to 'bump into each other') I'd wish her a Happy Mother's Day verbally, because she IS a mother to her two girls with BF, but I would do this with any mother I ran into on Mother's Day.  :) 

ZennMomma
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM
I don't get recognition from bm, but the kids do, I get made things at school as well as bm :)
I don't say anything to bm, but I tell the kids to be extra good and have a fun day :)
tiafez
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Nope. BUT if my SS needed $$ for a gift and card, we made sure he had it and we took him and let him pick out a gift within a set price range. When he started working pt time we stopped giving him $$ for it but we did that for Christmas and her birthday too. Why make a kid feel like crap because they don't have the $$ or the way to shop for a gift? 

Did she do the same for his Dad? nope but I did it for my kids if they wanted to give their dads a gift. 

editted to add, no I never gave her a card nor her one to me. why would we? she's not my mom.

Spyswife
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM
3 moms liked this

We never have the skids on Mother's Day, it is up to her and her husband to work that out. It is my DH's responsibility to help the skids do something for me if they are young enough to need help.  When we moved, the skids told us that BM told them the were not to call or text me on Mother's Day, or take calls fro Daddy because it was HER day.

I do not care. I grew up with a mother who was a jerk to everyone on Mother's Day and I don't particularly care for or value the holiday.

For my bios, since they live with me and their dads will not do squat, I take them out to choose a card and a gift and send it to their SMs every year.  I do the same for SM's birthday and for Christmas.  I want my kids to see Sm as a person with feelings and that it doesn't hurt anyone to be kind.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on May. 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I, nor the children, recognize their SM on Mother's Day, she has her own child to do that - and she has not seen or spoken to my children in years.  Conversely, I do not expect any recognitition from my ex or his wife - that would be uber creepy - since I have only interacted with SM once in 5 years and I have a lifetime protection order against my ex.

Boobear110
by Audra on May. 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Nope I don't recognize her on Mother's Day. That is up to her BoyF. SD makes her something at school . I believe , anyway. I do purchase the Mother's Day carnations through the school for the make a wish foundation so I guess that is recognition because SD gives them to her. 

She would bite her tongue off before she recognized me as anything important in SD life. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)