Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Special attention

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM
  • 138 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok be honest..do you feel like your step children get "special attention" from their dad's compared to the children you share together?
by on May. 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Yes, they did. At least when he was the NCP. Of course when you see your kids 6-8 days a month that will happen.
AmericanDream
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  Not really.  They are all different ages so they all get different attention, anyway.

How old are your kids?  How old are you skids?  What's the custody sitch?

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2014 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

No, my husband has actually gotten somewhat distant with SS, he is very close and comfortable with our children together.

Tracisanchez
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 5:34 PM
My boys are 2 and 4 and my ss is 10. I guess I feel like when he comes over things are centered around him and doing things he likes or wants to do...I feel like my husband is trying so hard to make sure he's not bored or wanting him to have fun. (Which is not a bad thing) but it just feels like the time revolves around him. And if dad is at work and it's just me with the boys then he mopes around because we do our normal daily routine etc.

Quoting AmericanDream:

No.  Not really.  They are all different ages so they all get different attention, anyway.

Boobear110
by Audra on May. 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM

That's sad. 

Quoting leegirl_jm:

No, my husband has actually gotten somewhat distant with SS, he is very close and comfortable with our children together.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM
If it's not a bad thing then what is your issue?

Quoting Tracisanchez: My boys are 2 and 4 and my ss is 10. I guess I feel like when he comes over things are centered around him and doing things he likes or wants to do...I feel like my husband is trying so hard to make sure he's not bored or wanting him to have fun. (Which is not a bad thing) but it just feels like the time revolves around him. And if dad is at work and it's just me with the boys then he mopes around because we do our normal daily routine etc.

Quoting AmericanDream:

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Not really, it is a natural distance due to the circumstances and it was expected.

Quoting Boobear110:

That's sad. 

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

Tracisanchez
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 5:43 PM
My issue is that I sometimes feel like there's inequality and I feel bad for my boys if they see it too

Quoting GlockMom: If it's not a bad thing then what is your issue?

Quoting Tracisanchez: My boys are 2 and 4 and my ss is 10. I guess I feel like when he comes over things are centered around him and doing things he likes or wants to do...I feel like my husband is trying so hard to make sure he's not bored or wanting him to have fun. (Which is not a bad thing) but it just feels like the time revolves around him. And if dad is at work and it's just me with the boys then he mopes around because we do our normal daily routine etc.

Quoting AmericanDream:

Rocker.Mom.07
by The Savior on May. 8, 2014 at 5:44 PM

No...he seems to treat all children the same. He is very good at treating them equally, but we do discipline our own separatly.

Boobear110
by Audra on May. 8, 2014 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this

There should never be a circumstance that makes you distant from any of your children. 

It may not be sad to you but I'm sure it is for SS. Things like that do irreparable damage to a child. I'm speaking as one that watched the slow progression of  an involved father, to a distant  father,  to a hasn't seen his kid in 7 years or more father .  

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Not really, it is a natural distance due to the circumstances and it was expected.

Quoting Boobear110:

That's sad. 

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)