Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Wow! BM shocked me today!

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 7:15 PM
  • 11 Replies
4 moms liked this
Got a "Happy Mother's Day" text from my skids BM this morning, and then she let the kids call me and tell me the same, as well as "love you"!! First time she has done that in the whole 10 yrs SO and I have been together!! Hope EVERY MOMMA had a fantastic Mother's Day, today!
by on May. 11, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladybugchick317
by Charity on May. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad it went well. I got a call from sd telling me happy mothers day and I told her the same. I talked to bm and we said it too. The thing is that bm and I don't get along at all but we always call to say happy mothers day and happy bday and even holidays. We sent sd flowers for her mother's day since she will be a mother by the weekend.

CFSTBSM27
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Yea I was shocked when I saw BMs # on my phone when I answered it was SD wishing me a happy Mother's Day. They'll surprise you sometimes :)
LovePhotoBug5
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

SD12 was with grandma all day.. She sent a group text to me, BM, and both grandma's - saying "Happy Mother's Day"

I was the only one that responded to the group message... I am glad she includes me in so much.

chanizen
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Cool!
Ms-evil
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:15 AM
I didn't get anything from my ex husband the BD of my wonderful boys? is that normal? I thought a text at least? I always send the boys with gifts cards and I text him every year? Should I stop or be the better person and continue.
pepper504
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM

SS15 wished me a Happy Mother's Day when he came back home Sunday night.  I was shocked as I never expected it. 

laughnchica
by on May. 14, 2014 at 11:41 AM

If he is your EX and you aren't married or involved like that anymore, why do you WANT stuff from him? Or buy him stuff....that is a little creepy if you guys divorced and ended a relationship.

Quoting Ms-evil: I didn't get anything from my ex husband the BD of my wonderful boys? is that normal? I thought a text at least? I always send the boys with gifts cards and I text him every year? Should I stop or be the better person and continue.

Ms-evil
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM
I send him stuff from my kids. He is still the father of my boys I don't want stuff just a call or text would have been nice as I have the children full time.

Quoting laughnchica:

If he is your EX and you aren't married or involved like that anymore, why do you WANT stuff from him? Or buy him stuff....that is a little creepy if you guys divorced and ended a relationship.

Quoting Ms-evil: I didn't get anything from my ex husband the BD of my wonderful boys? is that normal? I thought a text at least? I always send the boys with gifts cards and I text him every year? Should I stop or be the better person and continue.

Ms-evil
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I guess I should stop trying to carry on any for of a relationship with him, for our children.

Quoting Ms-evil: I send him stuff from my kids. He is still the father of my boys I don't want stuff just a call or text would have been nice as I have the children full time.

Quoting laughnchica:

laughnchica
by on May. 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM

There is a difference. If the gifts are from the boys as they picked the gifts out on their own and you just paid for them...fine. But buying him personal presents still....or expecting him to wish you a Happy Mother's Day still...that is if you are still married or dating someone....not an ex wife thing. It isn't his responsibility anymore to do that for you or for you to do for him. 

There are friendly relationships and there are more than that relationships...it SEEMS like you want it to be more than friendly still...just saying.

Quoting Ms-evil: I guess I should stop trying to carry on any for of a relationship with him, for our children.
Quoting Ms-evil: I send him stuff from my kids. He is still the father of my boys I don't want stuff just a call or text would have been nice as I have the children full time.
Quoting laughnchica:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)