Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Was I wrong for letting SS move in

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 9:36 PM
  • 21 Replies
So I made a post not to long ago about my dd being obsessed with SS and to my surprise instead of people giving me advice on how to handle the situation at hand almost everyone with the exception of a few told me that I shouldn't of let ss move in with us in the first place. Which shocked me that people expected me to just turn a blind eye to this kids situation.
by on May. 11, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladytweet
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:39 PM

there are very few people on here that will give you nice helpful advice instead of correct our grammar and tell you your wrong ! but why would you turn your back on ss? i commend you there are very few people that take responsibility's for their own things let alone take over someone else !! but um how is dd obsessed ?

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ladytweet:

there are very few people on here that will give you nice helpful advice instead of correct our grammar and tell you your wrong ! but why would you turn your back on ss? i commend you there are very few people that take responsibility's for their own things let alone take over someone else !! but um how is dd obsessed ?

1-try reading her post

2-she was given some good advice.

And Quite honestly OP-they're teens-they're not related-living in the same house-there's bound to be feelings of some sort....whether 1 sided or not.

I think you were right in having SS stay with you-hopefully he'll learn to balance out and get his shit in order.

Sit down with your daughter and talk to her-explain to her-he's family-he's got some issues to deal with....I highly recommend anger management...and she needs to be careful.

Seriously keep an eye on her.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Your priority is to YOUR child.

Knowing you have a 16 year old daughter in your home, would you open the door to any other 17 year old with a violent past and a history of physically abusing girls to the point of putting them in the hospital? I'm willing to bet that the answer there is no. Your SS should be no except to that. He is a potential risk to your own child.

Adornyou
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Well thank you for the support and she's just is so possessive over him and is constantly always around him and gets very jealous all the time it scares me because I've never seen her act this way I've a bot before she's even losing friends because of it

Quoting ladytweet:

Adornyou
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:51 PM
But it's to late now he's already here and I can't just kick him out I was asking what I should do about the situation now not what I should of did then because it's to late for that

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Knowing you have a 16 year old daughter in your home, would you open the door to any other 17 year old with a violent past and a history of physically abusing girls to the point of putting them in the hospital? I'm willing to bet that the answer there is no. Your SS should be no except to that. He is a potential risk to your own child.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Does he have a father?

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Actually, right here you asked if you were wrong.

Yes, I think you are. I don't think you thought it through. 

The only thing you can do now is protect YOUR child from your SS. And maybe sit down with her and explain the dangers of throwing herself at boys in general, but specifically boys that she KNOWS have a history of violent behavior towards women. 

Quoting Adornyou: But it's to late now he's already here and I can't just kick him out I was asking what I should do about the situation now not what I should of did then because it's to late for that
Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Adornyou
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I asked that because on my other post almost everyone was telling me I was wrong for even letting him move in with us in the first place like I was the one who had full control over that

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Actually, right here you asked if you were wrong.Yes, I think you are. I don't think you thought it through. 

The only thing you can do now is protect YOUR child from your SS. And maybe sit down with her and explain the dangers of throwing herself at boys in general, but specifically boys that she KNOWS have a history of violent behavior towards women. 

Quoting Adornyou: But it's to late now he's already here and I can't just kick him out I was asking what I should do about the situation now not what I should of did then because it's to late for that

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Adornyou
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Of course he does why else would he be living with us

Quoting whatIknownow:

Does he have a father?

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You do have control over who lives in your house, especially if they are a potential danger to your child.

Quoting Adornyou: I asked that because on my other post almost everyone was telling me I was wrong for even letting him move in with us in the first place like I was the one who had full control over that
Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Actually, right here you asked if you were wrong.Yes, I think you are. I don't think you thought it through. 

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)