Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Guess what BM gave me

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this
A card yesterday that said thanks for being a second mom to the boys o_O

I just thought it was funny since so many on here vehemently disagree w that statement and so many others want that so bad and I'm actually a "they are not my kids" sm. Lol. I was happy she thought of me though and I do love the skids.
by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimb1975
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM
That was nice of her!
oldproatthis
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I got showered with stuff on friday before the kids left to see BM, it felt weird...they aren't my kids...but hey, they love me...

I'm a little conflicted. I think I've hit a point where I can honestly say maybe they're more attached to me than I am to them?...And I'm struggling with that.

melyndaann
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM

SD is too young to do anything on her own for Mother's Day so BM took a picture of her and sent me a really sweet text message saying Happy Momma's Day from my SD. :)  Made my day!

Proud Wildland Firefighter's WifeSocial Worker Mommy to Be - Nov 2014Proud Step MommyLiving with our Lab

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Does she know how often you post about her on here?

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM

That was really a nice gesture.  Just shows that she appreciates you and that is nice to hear.

I think that any parent can use more positive role models in their kids' lives.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM
No but that was when we weren't civil and I'm fairly certain she vented about me elsewhere.

Quoting WifeyC:

Does she know how often you post about her on here?

Bertieb
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 3:56 PM

That was nice, never happened to me. Actually SS didn't even see BM yesterday. He came in from college and came straight to our house. DH asked him about seeing her and he said she was doing something and not home. He moved all his college stuff into our house and went to bed there.  I don't know if she was miffed he didn't come home before 7:00 pm on Mother's Day and two days after classes finished, or if neither of them cares.

Boobear110
by Audra on May. 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

BM woukd chew her arm off before giving me a card. That's ok though I don't need any validation from her. I know my role and importance in SD life..

I'm very happy that you got a card from her. It's a nice change from all the stress and agrivation she's given you 😄

Leigh84
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Lol at her chewing her arm off ;-)

That was nice of her Faerie. It's nice you get along.

Quoting Boobear110:

BM woukd chew her arm off before giving me a card. That's ok though I don't need any validation from her. I know my role and importance in SD life..

I'm very happy that you got a card from her. It's a nice change from all the stress and agrivation she's given you �

jdrabbit01
by New Member on May. 12, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't talk to my son's SM.  Her choice.  She just lets my ex handle our son most of the time.  He's only there EOW and we co-parent very well together.  But I did ask my son to send her a Happy Mother's Day text.  She is a BM to his little brother after all.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)