Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

speechless!!!

Posted by on May. 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM
  • 136 Replies
BM just text and said she's wouldn't fight is in court if we compensate her...
She said she has grown dependent on CS and if she loses the amount she is accustomed to she'll lose everything.
She said we can have SD as long as she didn't lose CS.

BM is sweating court because of the dramAs she started. At the beginning of the year we took her to court for visitstion modification. There was no set schedule so DH had to ask for visitation often being denied. BM used her power of CP as a means of control.
When we went to court she accused DH of being an alcoholic and drug addict. He had to take NUMEROUS UA 's and hair follicles, passing every last one.
Now that she's been deemed a liar she knows her power is slipping.
The day of our first scheduled visitation she was extremely hostile and belligerent. I stayed in the vehicle while DH dealt with the situation. BM was extremely aggressive and was in DH face while he was holding SD. I recorded everything with my cell phone camera. BM is aware of being recorded.
Now that we have court coming again she is trying to diffuse the diffusion by again asking for money... I don't understand this woman. I think it's very sad...
by on May. 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WickedPissah
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2014 at 2:38 PM
What comes next?
kaseykaye
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Most definitely court! She messed up by texting me this information. I'll save it like I've done with everything else and show it to the judge. I'm just so shocked that SD means so little to BM that all it would take is money to hand over her own child...
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm confused.How often has your DH seen his child up until now? What visitation did he ask for in his motion? How many days a week? How much would this change his CS amount?

I think it was a hostile move to video her. Why did you do that? Are you hoping that DH and BM can get along better as coparents, or are you trying to throw fuel on the fire?

codysara
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 3:32 PM
10 moms liked this
I don't think her recording was hostile. Its called covering your ass in case BM says BF attacked her. Since they previously had false accusations it was a very smart move

Quoting whatIknownow:

I'm confused.How often has your DH seen his child up until now? What visitation did he ask for in his motion? How many days a week? How much would this change his CS amount?

I think it was a hostile move to video her. Why did you do that? Are you hoping that DH and BM can get along better as coparents, or are you trying to throw fuel on the fire?

kaseykaye
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 3:33 PM
The visitstion modification was done because there was no set schedule due to her temp custody order. DH had custody when they split because of BM suicide attempt. BM filed Emergency temp custody when she was released and from that visitstion had no schedule.
Since the modification we have SD on all of DH time off from work. He works out of town when he is home its for a week or longer. We have her regularly every other week or so.
As the overnights are so frequent CS will be less since BM doesn't not have her full time. We are also currently seeking joint physical custody. If we are awarded SD will spend time with both BP 50/50 and CS will be even less.
I didn't automatically show up and start recording. I only started recording after BM became hostile and aggressive. Again, SD was in DH arms while BM behaved in this manner. BM accused DH of have anger issues on top of substance abuse which we proved to be a lie. I started recording her to show DH doesn't have anger issues and that if anything BM does.
BM has since cooled her jets and has made an effort to act like an adult to the best of her abilities since being recorded which makes for a better situation all the way around.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm usually not an advocate of recording, but there have been times that I wish we had thought of it to protect DH and SD against BM's lies in court regarding exchanges and aggressive beahvior, especially aggressive beahvior in front of SD.

There are rare occasion when it becomes a way to proect yourself (and your relationship with your child) against a hostile and aggressive person who lies in court. 

Quoting whatIknownow:

kaseykaye
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM
I've only had or expressed the importance of needing to record her on video just the one time. I'm really glad i thought of doing so in this situation. We do however record all phone conversations as you never know what she will say or try next. We also keep every text and email.

It's amazing how a person calms down when they know they're being monitored for their actions.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

I'm usually not an advocate of recording, but there have been times that I wish we had thought of it to protect DH and SD against BM's lies in court regarding exchanges and aggressive beahvior, especially aggressive beahvior in front of SD.There are rare occasion when it becomes a way to proect yourself (and your relationship with your child) against a hostile and aggressive person who lies in court. 

Quoting whatIknownow:

WickedPissah
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2014 at 4:04 PM
I read ahead you're going for 50/50.

If that's her first time going batshit, they'll most likely excuse it.

Depends on the judge.

Quoting kaseykaye: Most definitely court! She messed up by texting me this information. I'll save it like I've done with everything else and show it to the judge. I'm just so shocked that SD means so little to BM that all it would take is money to hand over her own child...
kaseykaye
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Right, is the same we've thought. The point isn't her suicide attempt, people sometimes hit rock bottom. Is very sad she thought that was her only way out, even though she has two girls to think about. (One from previous marriage one from DH)
Our priority isn't to go after her for suicide attempt we're not harping on that in the least. Our priority is having time with SD and making that time fair for DH and our kids. (DH adopted my 3 from previous marriage)

Quoting WickedPissah: I read ahead you're going for 50/50.

Depends on the judge.

Quoting kaseykaye: Most definitely court! She messed up by texting me this information. I'll save it like I've done with everything else and show it to the judge. I'm just so shocked that SD means so little to BM that all it would take is money to hand over her own child...
WickedPissah
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2014 at 4:16 PM
I meant about the video.

How old is SD? How long have you been with dh? Does Bm get in a tizzy because you're at pick ups?

Things will never be fair.

Quoting kaseykaye: Right, is the same we've thought. The point isn't her suicide attempt, people sometimes hit rock bottom. Is very sad she thought that was her only way out, even though she has two girls to think about. (One from previous marriage one from DH)
Our priority isn't to go after her for suicide attempt we're not harping on that in the least. Our priority is having time with SD and making that time fair for DH and our kids. (DH adopted my 3 from previous marriage)

Quoting WickedPissah: I read ahead you're going for 50/50.

Depends on the judge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)