Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How many

Posted by on May. 25, 2014 at 6:39 AM
  • 43 Replies
Of you do drop off/pick up of your steps? What about dh doing drop off/pick up for your bios (if you have them)?
by on May. 25, 2014 at 6:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 6:47 AM
DH always does pickup and dropoffs alone except for one occasion about 8 years ago when I accompanied him as we were heading somewhere else after.

My bios are ours, so they aren't subjected to those.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chanizen
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2014 at 7:34 AM
I'm not interested in going to pu/do

My husband and ex get along. He does ride along occasionally.
melyndaann
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM
We've only ever had a few pu/do in the short period of time we have known SD. Seeing as we have to travel six hours to see her, we make a weekend of it and I'm with him.
We will be doing our first half way meet up and brining SD back to our house this weekend. I will be going with him to pick her up this time as well.
BM is fine if I ever need to do it by myself. With DH's job, there's a GREAT chance I may have to short notice.
XXanonymousXX
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:05 AM
DH does the transpo both ways (DO and PU). We live close to eachother, but still, sometimes he can't always be available for it all. If he's not, and if BM has not been acting in a manner that makes me dread contact with her I will do it. If BM and I have not been getting along I don't, and DH and BM need to figure it out without me.
progressandjoy
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 9:00 AM
When DH was working a lot of overtime, I would do pick ups/drop offs alone. It didn't bother me too much, but I prefer if DH handles them.

With our new schedule we switch on Fridays, with the recieving parent picking SS up after school. For the midweek visit, I ride with DH but I don't go to the door.
kellynh
by Kelly on May. 25, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Maybe once a year. DH has hat covered 

cdrainey3
by Cher on May. 25, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to do it all the time, but then we got in a big old fight and I don't want to see her anymore then she probably doesn't wanna see me. My dh pulls up, text her and says "I'm here" I used to pick him up from school all the time too, but stopped doing that as well. Not sure what she does.
Doodle39
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2014 at 9:58 AM

My DH does all drop offs and pick ups.  Usually if we are out together, he will drop me off to do some shopping while he does the exchange.  

Sandiekd21
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM

We have always had good enough rapport with XH for DH to do pic ups/drop offs when we lived in the same state.

With BM, if we ever did p/u/d/o, it wouldn't matter who did it, we all get along great.

jules2boys
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM
XH does them, sometimes SM will be there but never to just ride along, they're either going somewhere or heading home from somewhere. I am not remarried but on occasion my BM will do pick up for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)