Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Question child support??

Posted by on May. 31, 2014 at 6:04 PM
  • 28 Replies

So if NCP gets kids for a month in summer does she/he still pay child support for that month or does CP pay NCP child support for that month?? 

by on May. 31, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sara82lee
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Unless the ncp has some sort of exceptional court order that specifically says so, s/he pays the same amount each month regardless.
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. CS is calculated to include the NCP time already. If NCP wants to not pay during extended visits the that means their payments the rest of the time would have to go up.
fedupmama
by Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:09 PM
In my state child support is calculated on the number of overnights each parent is supposed to have. So no, at least in my state.
SammysMomma
by Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM

That's what I thought. My exh is getting our son from June 6th to July 6th and wants me to pay him CS for that month I told him no because paperwork says he pays and doesn't say anything about me paying him or him not paying. He's not getting it. He gets our ds who is 10 maybe all together a month and a half out of the year. So I have him anywhere from 10 1/2 to 11 months a year. He's always behind and he complans about paying. (Hasn't paid for April or May yet) so I was just asking to see if I'm the only one who see it this way or if he was right.  

Quoting GlockMom: Yep. CS is calculated to include the NCP time already. If NCP wants to not pay during extended visits the that means their payments the rest of the time would have to go up.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:21 PM
3 moms liked this
You are correct. He is an idiot.
Leigh84
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Yeah, he still pays you b/c chances are that time was already calculated into cs. You don't pay him anything.
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Your ex would be wrong.
wise.toes
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2014 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

gotta love it when they just refuse to understand very simple procedures. lol

SammysMomma
by Member on May. 31, 2014 at 7:17 PM

I know right. 

Quoting wise.toes:

gotta love it when they just refuse to understand very simple procedures. lol

minimoo
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Nope...he's wrong. Very, very rarely, the NCP doesn't have to pay during the summer (I think I know maybe one person), but it's specified in the order. Even with that though, the CP does not have to pay them. Child support is factored in for the entire year and averaged out over the 12 months. So if he doesn't want to pay during one month during the summer, he would have to add that amount to the rest of the year.

You have one of those too? I'm sorry. In my case, I just factor not getting cs. It's like freaking Christmas if he actually does contribute lol. He actually finally started paying about a year ago. Then stopped again a few months ago. I feel ya!

Quoting SammysMomma:

That's what I thought. My exh is getting our son from June 6th to July 6th and wants me to pay him CS for that month I told him no because paperwork says he pays and doesn't say anything about me paying him or him not paying. He's not getting it. He gets our ds who is 10 maybe all together a month and a half out of the year. So I have him anywhere from 10 1/2 to 11 months a year. He's always behind and he complans about paying. (Hasn't paid for April or May yet) so I was just asking to see if I'm the only one who see it this way or if he was right.  

Quoting GlockMom: Yep. CS is calculated to include the NCP time already. If NCP wants to not pay during extended visits the that means their payments the rest of the time would have to go up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)