Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

When the kids are gone.... The fringe benefits

Posted by on May. 31, 2014 at 8:48 PM
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this
Ss is at the mil, odd is with dad. Ydd is with Osd.

Tonight we are going out for the slowest service we can find and the best martinis....

While I wouldn't recommend divorce when it is unnecessary nor blended families when you aren't crazzyyyyy about the man, there are times when it isn't all bad.

:)

Watcha doin' tonight ladies?

Will be back in a while!!!!
by on May. 31, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2014 at 8:55 PM
2 moms liked this

DH and I just had some serious playtime in the shower while the kids were watching a movie upstairs.

Hes getting them ready for bed while I'm munching on some Oreos.

wise.toes
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2014 at 9:07 PM
2 moms liked this

i have to say i really really REALLY enjoy our kid-free weekends EOWE. not that a blended family is ideal, but i think it really helps SO and i's relationship to have that weekend away from the kids. =)

ZennMomma
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
We are spring cleaning and I'm nesting. I'm too huge for sex I think lol
The last really good time was I cleaned house, dolled up, made fabulous dinner, had wine and gave my husband a long full body massage....I ended up pregnant LOL
we do love kid free times, dh had a big adjustment because my son is here except 4 weeks in the summer.
Its SO important to have couple time!
AlleyCat08
by on May. 31, 2014 at 9:19 PM
After an emotional and rough dr appt yesterday, I am chilling. I went and ordered horse feed and then came home. I will finish laundry later.
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2014 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a house full of kids as all the kiddos are having sleepovers we friends here. I am maintaining my sanity with Mr. Daniels lol and about to watch some movies with DH

sara82lee
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I DO love kid free weekends twice a month, lol. Our anniversary was this past Wednesday, but we have to wait til next weekend for a dinner date.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Tonight snuck up on me. I was busy ALL day and just got home a little before 10. Just sat down to a margarita and some CM.

Dd is with her dad this weekend and will be home tomorrow night. Ds hung out with dh and I spent the day with my parents.

So nothing special BUT I do know what you mean.

This summer, I managed to kind of get screwed out of a lot of weekends BUT I'm not looking at it that way.

Dd will be with her dad 6 weekends in a row because of how the schedule fell with Father's Day being on my weekend and then him also taking his 30 days right after that. In years past when he has managed to work his 30 days around having back to back weekends, it had bothered me. Not so much this year. Maybe I'm just getting used to sharing lol. What I am really looking forward to is the one week where she will be gone and ds will be off to grandmas for the week. OMG an entire kid free week!? What will I do with myself? I do have to work but I am so looking forward to evenings not having to cook, light laundry and no bathtime routine. I just can't wait.

ETA: I have not had a single kid free night since March. Not.a.single.one. Ds has been home every single night and usually he will spend at least a night here or there with grandma. I've not even had a sitter. So dh and I are looking forward to mommy daddy alone time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
progressandjoy
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
SS is with BM.

My mom and stepdad watched DD, and DH and I went to the movies.

I did had a fun time with DH, but I have a hard time being away from DD. I know I'll appreciate 'no kid nights' in the future, but right now I don't like to be away very long.
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Crappy night where nothing went right. I did something to my dad's lawn mower that we borrow. We went to pick up my car from his house and then get supper, but he wanted to check it then and there so back home we went. We looked at it for a while added more gas and it worked....  (We think I got bad gas from the place I got it today) then as we were doing that, DS sliced his foot open. No he didn't react like he should. He just walked over and said "I hurt my toe" I picked him up up check him and was covered by blood.  We could follow the blood drop trail to figure out about where it happened. It's a pretty big slice on his arch, but it stopped bleeding after awhile. 

I drove to town to get more bandages that would fit and peroxide since he did it on something out back although he can't tell us what and we didn't see anything. And some pizza.  Now town is about twenty minutes away. I got there and realized I didn't have my wallet. So I drove all the way home and then back. DH didn't want to make the kids Mac and cheese so we ate at 11:00....

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I am making potato salad, bacon wrapped green beans, cupcakes and banana pudding for the baby shower tomorrow. I just picked DD from her boyfriends house and DS is with one of my best friends since last night. The only time I have kid free time is when I travel for work or I leave DH here with the kiddos for a girls night out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN