Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

successful weekend & a question...

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:54 AM
  • 5 Replies

This past weekend, my 2 DD's & I went with SO to his son's event.  He swam in the special olymics.  It was a really good weekend.  It was also SO's weekend with his DS & DD, however he allowed them to stay with BM while we were there.  Since our vehicle only has 5 seats so we wouldn't all be able to fit & also because we only had 2 beds.  I felt awful that it meant less time with his kids, but it seemed like the kids wanted to be with BM anyway.  His DD kept coming over & sitting by us throughout the event.  Then when we got back home on Saturday night, I took all the girls (mine & his) to the new Maleficent movie.  Seemed like they all enjoyed it.  & then we took all the kids swimming yesterday.  

Had one small hiccup yesterday....I was trying to get my DD's ready to take my oldest to a b-day party & SO kept asking about lunch.  I finally stopped what I was doing & warmed everyone's lunch up, dished it up, & handed it out to everyone.  All the while, SO & his kids remained in my bedroom watching videos on youtube & playing video games.  I was a little upset that he knew I was running late & didn't bother to help at all, but I kept trying to remind myself that he was spending time with his kids.  Another pet peeve of mine that kept annoying me this weekend....SO's kids are very picky on what they eat/drink.  1 wants Pepsi & the other wants Dr Pepper.  & they NEVER finish a glass.  & they always have to get a new glass every time they want something to drink.  After they left last night, I went around & picked up several half full glasses through out our apartment.  It drives me nuts!!!  How can I bring this up to SO?  I don't mind buying them the soda (my kids always drink water...they prefer it), but I wish they would drink it all & quit wasting it!  

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Have him there soda if they want it... Then you shouldn't care if they finish it
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:45 AM

This was really confusing.  Did you travel to SSs swim meet?  Were you in a hotel?  Because you said DH allowed the kids to stay with BM because you only had two rooms and not enough room in the car.

and then you talked about having the kids over.

Do the skids ever spend the night with their dad?

How long have you been married?  What is the CO?

Birdseed
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:14 AM

As far as the lunch situation, did you ask him to make lunch?  If not, that one is on you.  If you said you were going to make lunch, you usually make lunch, and when he asked about lunch, you said you would and you did?  Well...I think some people can be awfully oblivious.  You have to ask for what you want/need sometimes.

As for the glasses...my SDs do the same.  By the end of the day, they'll have maybe 6-8 glasses between the two of them sitting around the house.  I don't understand it, but in five years, I've not been able to overcome it.  That said, we do not even keep soda in the house.  The girls drink water or orange juice.  Not because we're pop nazis--they just never really had soda growing up, neither did I and it never occurs me to buy it because no one ever asks for it.  If I were in your shoes, I'd buy those little mini cans.  That way you don't have liter bottles going flat in the fridge and the portions are more reasonable.

lilmama1206
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be so confusing.  Going off of little sleep this morning.  Yes, we had to travel to the swim meet & had to stay in a hotel.  BM & their kids ended up being in the same hotel.  It was just an over night thing.  We arrived friday evening, SO went to the opening ceremony that night while my DD's & I stayed at the hotel.  Then we checked out of the hotel the next morning, went to the swim meet & then left there around 12pm & headed home.  SO picked up his kids as soon as we got back to our home town.  We have his kids everyother weekend.  

Quoting pdxmum:

This was really confusing.  Did you travel to SSs swim meet?  Were you in a hotel?  Because you said DH allowed the kids to stay with BM because you only had two rooms and not enough room in the car.

and then you talked about having the kids over.

Do the skids ever spend the night with their dad?

How long have you been married?  What is the CO?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

sounds like my step kids i hate that pouring a big glass of shit and never finishing it and using a new glass every time. just tell SO to clean that crap up. i usually just do it ut sometimes if i get annoyed i tell SO to clean after his kids.  also, if i was getting ready and busy i would have told SO to get lunch himself. i aint no one's maid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)