Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

how immature....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:07 PM
  • 198 Replies
dad and I went to see dtr at chorus concert tonite....once it was over we went to see daughter and give her flowers we got..we took one pic and were Getn ready to take more when bm came and pulled daughter away ams rushed her our the building!....

daughter was so happy to see us and receive flowers and all bm did was ruin her nite with her controlling self to deny dad time with his daughter...

when will she grow up!!!!!!
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amantonacci
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:09 PM
10 moms liked this
Maybe when you stop referring to her as your daughter?
kpnthefaith
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
well she is also my daughter...my stepdaughter...and my stepdaughter introduces me to anyone as her mother..and vise verse

either way that has nothing to do with wat bm did tonite.

shes didn't even allow dad to say goodnight and kiss her bye or even a hug

Quoting amantonacci: Maybe when you stop referring to her as your daughter?
amantonacci
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe they had somewhere else to be... Or maybe mom was being a bitch. Who cares dad got to give his daughter flowers and congratulate her

Quoting kpnthefaith: well she is also my daughter...my stepdaughter...and my stepdaughter introduces me to anyone as her mother..and vise verse

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Obviously it wasn't his parenting time. Did she feel that he was taking over her time? Was the exchange quick - a couple of pictures and move on? Did they have other plans? Were they in a rush? Was he monopolizing the time after the concert?

Quoting kpnthefaith: well she is also my daughter...my stepdaughter...and my stepdaughter introduces me to anyone as her mother..and vise verse

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
And take a photo

Quoting amantonacci: Maybe they had somewhere else to be... Or maybe mom was being a bitch. Who cares dad got to give his daughter flowers and congratulate her

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like an uncomfortable, high-conflict situation so it was probably best she left when she did. BD did get a photo in and get to give his DD flowers, so that was nice. Would it have been nice to all hang-out and visit? Sure. But it's rarely a good idea when co-parenting sounds like a struggle.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM
9 moms liked this
It is unfortunate that Dad can't be Dad all the time, parenting time shouldn't factor into a event like this. It is no wonder the parent/child relationships are so weak in these situations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM
4 moms liked this

Idk.  Sounds like dad got his time and his pictures and mom had somewhere else to be.  I don't hang around forever post concert.  Usually I've been there for quite a while and am ready to take dd home.

Btw, it's pretty immature to play the "call me mommy" game as well.  I probably wouldn't be to keen to hang out with you either.  I've never played that with any of my step kids.  Because I have no problem at all being a step parent so I don't need to be ridiculous about a title.

XXanonymousXX
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't allow me SD to call me mom for a host of reasons. One of which is it would make it very difficult for me to get up on my high horse after doing something like that.

That being said, I've got to give BM the benefit of the doubt on this one. Maybe she doesn't want to put herself in a position to be around you because she feels you are circumvented relationship with her daughter. If that's the case I think it was the responsible move for her to allow a few minutes with you and BF on her parenting time and then cutting it short to keep emotions in check.
Silent_Sea
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Parenting time? What do you mean?

Quoting momof2ex1: Obviously it wasn't his parenting time. Did she feel that he was taking over her time? Was the exchange quick - a couple of pictures and move on? Did they have other plans? Were they in a rush? Was he monopolizing the time after the concert?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)