Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

You better tell your ungrateful kids they better recognize!!

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:37 PM
  • 115 Replies
I have 3 kids, husband has 2.. Every time his kids come for their visitations they act like they are company! They will not help with house hold chores etc. My husband was out in the heat working on my flower bed, and his 14 yo son kept asking him to come play video games?? Then his daughter that is 13 wanted a pizza, she wanted it in the oven?? A store bought single serve pizza! Put it in the microwave! While my children and I had a yard sale so we can have a vacation the end of the month!! Even my 9 yo has been able to help, my electric bill has went from 350$ a month down to 180$ his kids leave every light on and tv! My son that is 13 had found odd jobs to help with gas for our vacation as well as my 16 yo she has a job, and has been working really hard to put money back for our vacation; and my kids are upset because my husband's kids act like they don't even want to go and they won't help out!! My husband's 14 yo didn't want what I cooked so husband was gonna take him to get something else! Haha he wanted a steak!! Both of them act like they can't do any thing and wanting dad to do it all! Just completely ungrateful! They both have a iPhone, but they never call dad!! Guess who bought it and pays for it! I'm tired of this mess!
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britney678
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Are they there EOWE?
savingtheworld
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Sorta.. Every other week

Quoting britney678: Are they there EOWE?
stepdiva
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Sometimes it just happens that way. Their mom probably doesn't make them help her so they assume they don't need to offer.
Have you ever asked for them to help? We can't fix what we don't know is wrong.
destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM
6 moms liked this

What you have my dear is a DH problem not a Skids problem. Your DH is allowing them to treat your home and you & your children that way.

Your issue should be DH and his lack of discipline not the kids. 

KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm not seeing the issue. Oven pizza is better than microwave...doesn't make a person spoiled for wanting it cooked that way. And there's nothing wrong with wanting your father to come inside and spend time with you doing something that you enjoy doing, like playing video games. I think your expectations are a bit much. Lighten up.
savingtheworld
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Yes, I do ask.. just simple things like clean your room, take your dirty laundry down stairs etc.. Then they treat dad like crap and tell him that's the reason they don't want to be with him!?

Quoting stepdiva: Sometimes it just happens that way. Their mom probably doesn't make them help her so they assume they don't need to offer.
Have you ever asked for them to help? We can't fix what we don't know is wrong.
savingtheworld
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Really?? When the other kids are out side working as well as my husband and the 2 kids want to lay around and play video games?? My 3 kids cooked them selves a pizza in the microwave? What's the difference! And his daughter wouldn't eat until dad served it to her?? Your joking right

Quoting KnowItAll: I'm not seeing the issue. Oven pizza is better than microwave...doesn't make a person spoiled for wanting it cooked that way. And there's nothing wrong with wanting your father to come inside and spend time with you doing something that you enjoy doing, like playing video games. I think your expectations are a bit much. Lighten up.
savingtheworld
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Thank you! I love my husband, and I know how hard he works to help us all, so how do I get my husband to step up with out thinking he will hurt his kids feelings??

Quoting destinyangl21:

What you have my dear is a DH problem not a Skids problem. Your DH is allowing them to treat your home and you & your children that way.

Your issue should be DH and his lack of discipline not the kids. 

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM
5 moms liked this
My kids don't help with stuff like that either unless I ask. Also, I pay for vacations. If I'm so broke I need the kids to help pay then I wouldn't plan a vacation. My kids may save spending money but that's it. Not helping to pay for the family vacation is usually pretty normal I think.

I also pay for my kids phones. Is that not normal? And I make pizza in the oven too...if I get frozen pizza.
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with Knowitall. I don't really see the issue. Pizza is much better in the oven than in the microwave.  If the son asked his dad to come play with him, all his dad had to do was say no. It's not that big a deal that he asked.

These kids are acting the way their father has taught them to act. If they're there 50% of the time, their father is responsible for how they act while they're with him. He apparently sees nothing wrong with their behavior.

Quoting savingtheworld: Really?? When the other kids are out side working as well as my husband and the 2 kids want to lay around and play video games?? My 3 kids cooked them selves a pizza in the microwave? What's the difference! And his daughter wouldn't eat until dad served it to her?? Your joking right
Quoting KnowItAll: I'm not seeing the issue. Oven pizza is better than microwave...doesn't make a person spoiled for wanting it cooked that way. And there's nothing wrong with wanting your father to come inside and spend time with you doing something that you enjoy doing, like playing video games. I think your expectations are a bit much. Lighten up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)