Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Childfree SMs on Father's Day?

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 8:32 AM
  • 25 Replies
Are you getting anything for DH? I usually get him something from the dogs lol but do you as a childfree SM bother with Father's Day? SD makes him a card she's only 9. I never thought about a gift from her and I tho.
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YNot4ever
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I always take SS shopping for something for DH.  DH's birthday falls right after, so we usually find a big gift to cover both occassions.  Typically I have an idea of what I want to get him and "guide" SS into picking it.  I then take him to find cards. 

tiafez
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I don't, I do have two now adult sons but Dad's day is their gig now and they usually wish the Captain a 'happy dad's day' even though he isn't their dad. His son will probably do something for him, we have plans to go to a car show with him. When his son was younger I offered the money to get something but now that he's a working kiddo he takes care of it himself.

I don't give SO anything because he's not my dad.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 8:52 AM
5 moms liked this
DH is my youngest child's dad. But, even if I didn't have a child with him I would do something for him as he is my spouse and he is a father.
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I always get together with the kids and figure out what they want to get him.  Then I buy it.  It's not "from" me, it's from the kids.  I don't get anything to him from me. 

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Even before ds was born I would get DH a lil something and it was from all of us (me and the sk's)
AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Whatever DH recieves for Father's Day is always "from the kids."  He's not my Father.  I do usually get him a card, though, and help with the making of breakfast in bed.

MamaBear131716
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:21 AM
We have children together too but I have all the kids make him something. This year I'm doing a tree of their hands.
LoveH523
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
First I love your avi!! And I have always bought DH something from just myself, the girls pick out whatever they want for him. This year I got him a nice watch box and a new watch.
smom0
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM

We are currently expecting our first bio together, but DH has a 10 year old SD and every fathers day he goes golfing in the morning then i have SD make him a card and we usually have a dinner together or do a family time if my Dh feels up for it.  It's HIS day so he gets to choose what he wants to do.  However this year i did get him a gift since we are going to have a bio together and i plan to do that every year for now on..

6isus
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Last time kids were here we had a great time getting him a Father's Day gift! He is so deserving! I love to see him surprised! So excited for Father's Day! My kids take care of their dad and I help step kids with their father!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)