Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Graduation Drama

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:24 AM
  • 30 Replies

It's that wonderful time of the year where it's the end of the school....and graduations are coming up.

This year my SD13 is graduating 6th grade along with her stepbrother.

The other night DH came back from taking the kids home,when BM texted my cell (we only have 1 cell phone and it's mine) asking if he could take off June 18th from his job.

I asked what that was about-he said it's for SD's graduation. I thought "Perfect! Make sure you take flowers for SD!"

DH then said he was an after thought.....then explained-each graduate only gets 3 tickets. Now growing up in my large family-parents came first. No matter what.

BM took SD's 3 tickets-she gets one,her brother was getting one,and her sister was getting one. DH wasn't to be included.

When BM gave her brother his ticket,he was excited to see DH at the graduation-BM told her brother DH wasn't invited because there were not enough tickets....her brother handed her the ticket back and said "Give this to your daughter's father, he has more right to be there then I do." and walked away.

Their sister also agreed DH should have been asked before either sibling. Now for those of you who do not know the backstory-SD13 is NOT DH's biological daughter. He was with BM when SD was 1-5yrs of age,then left her for fucking another man while pregnant with their son.

He made a promise to SD13-as long as she wanted him to be her dad-he'd be there for her. And kept that promise ever since.

I think it's shitty what she did,but I'm glad he's able to go. He'll be taking flowers with him,I hope they have a great time and SD enjoys herself.

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I'm glad he can go and will go.  Thirteen year olds also live cash or iTunes money...

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

She's a fucking asshole.  Parents get first dibs, THEN grandparents, then siblings of mom and dad.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:47 AM
4 moms liked this

What sandee said - she is a giant douche canoe.  

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Quoting pdxmum:

I'm glad he can go and will go.  Thirteen year olds also live cash or iTunes money...

I agree-he's always been there for every ceremony for both kids except for when SS got a new karate belt-DH couldnt get off due to work. But if it's for his kids-he's there!

This 13 yr old is alllll about her paper! believe me. We're thinking a nice cushy gift card to her favorite stores-either Aeropostle or Justice.

She isn't into the itunes anymore....but  when she was-she racked that stuff up real quick!

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Quoting sandeeyo:

She's a fucking asshole.  Parents get first dibs, THEN grandparents, then siblings of mom and dad.

Tell me somethiNG I don't know. I really can't believe she was trying to exclude him....the one person who does so much for her OTHER then her man.

It makes me wonder what she did with her SS's tickets that she couldn't use one of them for DH. because Bm/SF/DH and SF's ex wife's 2 parents=5 tickets and a spare.

SF's parents are both dead.....Sf's ex wife isn't allowed to be within so much distance of SF/BM

swear this woman's loosing her damn mind

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Please tell DH to make sure BM at least wears a bra to her dd's graduation.  

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Tell me somethiNG I don't know. I really can't believe she was trying to exclude him....the one person who does so much for her OTHER then her man.

It makes me wonder what she did with her SS's tickets that she couldn't use one of them for DH. because Bm/SF/DH and SF's ex wife's 2 parents=5 tickets and a spare.

SF's parents are both dead.....Sf's ex wife isn't allowed to be within so much distance of SF/BM

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:18 AM

He's "not allowed" according to SF....that was deemed "inappropriate conversation"

I just laughed when I heard that one....seriously give it up....the woman never could wear a proper bra and never will. They'll forever be sagging and slapping against her sloppy,flabby gut.

Quoting sandeeyo:

Please tell DH to make sure BM at least wears a bra to her dd's graduation.  

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sandeeyo:

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh. This is completely off topic but do 6th graders really need a graduation??? Our town has only ONE graduation, from high school. Not middle school, not jr high. Just high school. Thank goodness.

And another thing that is also completely not related (sorry), every year up until this year, our HS gave out 5 tickets; 3 of them were good for the "gym" if it rained. My son graduated on a day that it rained, the gym was jam packed and it was like a million friggin degrees in there. So, my town in their infinite brilliance solved the problem by having all future graduations in TRENTON!!! at some arena. We are a good hour away from Trenton. Who the hell wants to drive to fucking Trenton?????

Stupid graduations. I hate them.

.... as you were....

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Quoting whatIknownow:

Ugh. This is completely off topic but do 6th graders really need a graduation??? Our town has only ONE graduation, from high school. Not middle school, not jr high. Just high school. Thank goodness.

And another thing that is also completely not related (sorry), every year up until this year, our HS gave out 5 tickets; 3 of them were good for the "gym" if it rained. My son graduated on a day that it rained, the gym was jam packed and it was like a million friggin degrees in there. So, my town in their infinite brilliance solved the problem by having all future graduations in TRENTON!!! at some arena. We are a good hour away from Trenton. Who the hell wants to drive to fucking Trenton?????

Stupid graduations. I hate them.

.... as you were....

you're good-my mom was bitching because for our graduation-we got like 7-8 tickets a piece

if it rained?! 3.

Yes 3. It was due to rain the day of our graduation-we were all praying it wouldn't because there was no way in hell we would survive-sitting in the dinky auditorium of Clayton Elementary School that had NO air conditioning and no windows.

Thankfully we were able to march onto Haupt Field surrounded by hundreds of our adoring family and friends.

My family celebrated elementary/middle/high school graduation....for those who graduated college-same deal.

BM's sister was telling me-her stepkids school....there is 1 school for every 2 grades. And when they bump up to the next school-there's a huge celebration.....excessive much?!

Fuck Trenton-that place is a cesspool....I never understood having a high school graduation elsewhere...esp when you have to travel quite a distance to get there!

I passed through Trenton 3x.....I'm not impressed.

WickedPissah
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Only two tickets for each family here for middle school promotion ceremony. If families need more then two they're supposed to email somebody.

Bm should of asked if dh wanted to go before doling out tickets.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)