Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Step children that tell lies

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM
  • 24 Replies

Hi I'm a step-mom to 2 boys and a mom of 2 girls and 1 son my husband and I have been Married for 6 years and things are seeming to get worse our relationship as a wife and husband are suffering and my children seem to be suffering because they have watched over the years these to little boys disrespect me and lie to cover it up and everyone believes them. I don't know what to do anymore I love them and i love my husband but having a blended family is very hard, any suggestions?

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Need more info. What are the lies that they are telling? How are they disrespecting you?

bestefforts
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM

How old are the boys? And what kind of lies are they telling?

Thumper11
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:55 AM

There ages are 10 and 7 and they lie about any thing I will ask did you hit the cat when my 15 year old daughter and her friend saw him do it and he will say no and i will tell him that she saw him and he will say she is lieing and then they will tell there dad or grandparents that i sent them to bed early and they will ask them why and they will say i don't know we were being good she just made us go to bed when the reason is because they fight all the time and hit and I get so tired I have never put my hands on them but every time i put them in time out they kick the walls and scream at me and they shack there fist at me and when i try to talk to there dad about it and he goes and talks to them they tell him i m lieing.

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:07 AM

You have a DH problem. He is taking the word of his kids over yours. I'm not sure how you all have lasted 6 years, if as it seems he doesn't trust you. Get some nanny cams to record the kids misbehaving or make your DH deal with them more. Get yourself and DH into counseling too.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like pretty normal kid behavior. Maybe stop watching them? Let your husband take care of them.

pepper504
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM

They'd be spending more time at the inlaw's house since they are not listening.

SS15 pulled a fast one with me years ago.  Because of that, he started going to my MIL's or SIL's house when DH had to work. The relationship is different with SS15 and I now, for the better.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:28 AM
My DDs are 16 months apart, they fight ALL the time (and then quickly go back to being best friends, lol). Heck, SD and DS fight and argue a lot too (there's 2 1/2 years between them, but developme tally DS is surpassing his sister).

It sounds like the issue here, OP, is that your DH hasn't enforced respect for adults with his childen.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Sounds like pretty normal kid behavior. Maybe stop watching them? Let your husband take care of them.

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Where is your DH when this is happening.  If my SS did something to the cat, I would calmly tell DH, in private, that SS needed to be explained the rules regarding the cat and if he couldn't follow the rules he would not be able to touch the cat at all.  Then you are done, DH should handle it.

Why do you have to deal with SSs punishment, talking to him and putting him in timeout?  If SS is kicking the walls, DH needs to fix the walls asap until he can figure out how to get his kid to stop.  This is not your problem.

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM

And how do you know your daughter isn't the one lying? Personally unless I see it happen, I don't pursue the issue. 

Why isn't dad present at bedtime?

Quoting Thumper11:

There ages are 10 and 7 and they lie about any thing I will ask did you hit the cat when my 15 year old daughter and her friend saw him do it and he will say no and i will tell him that she saw him and he will say she is lieing and then they will tell there dad or grandparents that i sent them to bed early and they will ask them why and they will say i don't know we were being good she just made us go to bed when the reason is because they fight all the time and hit and I get so tired I have never put my hands on them but every time i put them in time out they kick the walls and scream at me and they shack there fist at me and when i try to talk to there dad about it and he goes and talks to them they tell him i m lieing.

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I am sure it is not just his kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)