Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Does it ever get any better

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM
  • 89 Replies

I read a lot of horror stories about step moms having hard times with there step kids and the DH. also how they can't take it any more and that things are crazy hard to deal with. Does it ever get better,? Is there ever a happy ending?

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a happy life.  Shit storm blew over.  There's still problems, but they are different. But I knew when to defer to BM and to DH.

Caligirl334
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM
5 moms liked this
God I hope so
mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:39 PM
3 moms liked this
I think I asked a similar question on here earlier in the year. I realized that I had to change my expectations of what it is supposed to be like. Every marriage and/or life has it's difficulties. Mine may have more then others but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm so in love with my husband and our kids. Things may not get better but I can learn to deal with the situations better.
mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM
I should add that I haven't been married long.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM

I think some will have some teething pains in the beginning but most families should eventually settle in and things would have improved. DH has 5 years left of dealing with BM.

LinzeeDoubleYuh
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mrsd2013: I think I asked a similar question on here earlier in the year. I realized that I had to change my expectations of what it is supposed to be like. Every marriage and/or life has it's difficulties. Mine may have more then others but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm so in love with my husband and our kids. Things may not get better but I can learn to deal with the situations better.

I love that...."things may not get better but I can learn to deal with the situations better". 

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

It did for me. Ex divorced his wife. Maybe sad for him, but for the kids and myself life got better.

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM
It got better for me. It had to get better, or I was going to leave. DH stepped up a lot when I explained that his kids actions were his responsibility. He finally got it. Also, I turned my focus solely where it needed to be: on my kids.
cdrainey3
by Cher on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:56 AM
2 moms liked this
It got better for me when I completely disengaged. I don't do anything regarding ss. It's all on dh (as it should be) I help ss with things if he needs it and I have a blast with him, he's currently with me and my boys during the day because its summer, so I take care of him, and I'm kind to him, I love him to pieces, but that's all. I know what dh tells me and really that's not much and I honestly don't care anymore.
MamaBear131716
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I love my stepkids! I love when they are here. It's the BM drama that makes life difficult.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)