Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

how far is too far with babymama drama?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM
  • 63 Replies
So today i found a text on my bfs phone telling his babymama he loves her...understandable if you have a child but its rude and disrespectful to me for him to express it to her so openly...when i asked him about it he said well i dont love her i just told her that because she was having a bad day....so what he just throws i love yous around or what? Anyway i dont want to overreact but im going to spend the night at his brothers and his gfs house they dont like what hes being saying and doing lately amd really want me to stay with them to relax for a bit...idk what to do
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Having a child with her does not make it understandable!
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

yep. Plus other things have been going on if you felt the need to check. Go with your gut.

Do you have a kid with him?

Quoting mrsd2013: Having a child with her does not make it understandable!

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Having a child together or not, that is not acceptable. How would he feel if you were to tell your ex that you love him because he had a bad day? Were there any other texts between the two of them, or was this the only one on his phone? How long have you been together with him?

sara82lee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this
"Babymama" is such a disrespectful thing to say, and makes you look like you're straight out of the ghetto. I wouldn't ever use that term, and I wouldn't want to be with anyone who does.
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummm, he told her he loves her because he probably does.

elrikandisis
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM
If I found something like that on dhs phone, I'd check for a fever because he hates his sons Mom.
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I tell my ex fiance that I love him when I hang up the phone or end an email.  I do.  I do love him.  As a dear friend. I don't have a child with him and we were long over before I met my now DH, but I do love him.  I care about him.

You may have a big issue, you may not.

samsmama88
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I only talk to my daughter's dad when it's about our daughter or a video game...we both love video games...and I told him that she is irrelevant once you tale the child out of the equation he says the child will never be out of the equation...asking your ex for a ride somewhere...no child involved...no reason to speak to her...once it doesn't include the child they're just another ex...am I wrong?
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I think how you feel about it is more important than what anyone else is saying. Do you want a BF who is still saying 'I love you" to his Ex?

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh I think you can do things for each other.  I have no problem with DH fixing BM's computer or when we were storing some of her stuff- not child related.  Any of those things you'd do for a close acquaintance or friend.... but saying "I love you" or having long heart to heart conversations is over the line.

Quoting samsmama88: I only talk to my daughter's dad when it's about our daughter or a video game...we both love video games...and I told him that she is irrelevant once you tale the child out of the equation he says the child will never be out of the equation...asking your ex for a ride somewhere...no child involved...no reason to speak to her...once it doesn't include the child they're just another ex...am I wrong?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN