Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Am I the only one who has a good SM life?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM
  • 42 Replies

I see here all the time how SM hates their Skids, overstepping SM's who have BM issues and DH not stepping up and being a parent. I happy to say that I get along with BM, I have a wonderful relationship with my Skids and DH parents his kids and I stay out of it.

Anyone else with a happy SM life?

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I do. I love my SD(5) dearly. DH is a great dad. BM and I used to get along really well (taking our kids for pics together, going to dinner, she even lived with us for a brief time)

Now we are nice to each other but it's forced. There is an undercurrent of tension and I just wait for whatever stressful thing is going to happen to surface.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I am happy with my marriage and my family but my life is not a SM life.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Mine is fine for the most part
RobsPrincess24
by ThePrincess on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:22 AM
I am happy with my SM life. My skids are long distance now, but even when SD lived with us my life wasn't bad. We had some small issues but nothing major and nothing to make me say I had an unhappy situation.
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I'm happy with all aspects of my life. The part of my life that is me being a SM is included. BM1 and BM2 are non entities. DH parents, not always the same as I would, but he gets it done with ok results and I have a very close, special relationship with both of my two SS.
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM

My life is quite happy thanks. But then again I don't let BM/the stepkids or anyone else ruin that.

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Mine in wonderful weve had the kids Ft for 3 years. Bm has been in prison for the last year. And sad to say but the kids are not let down time and time again since shes been in there. We are a family, they all are brothers and sisters to eachother. They were all young when we started seeing each other. We lived together right away.

Weve had our struggles with bm but it never had an affect on out home. We made the best of it and let all the kids know we love and would do anything fore them

I see my skids more then my bios as the go with bf eow
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

My steplife is what it is.  My skids are troubled kids.  And BM used to loom much larger in my life and rented too much space in my head.  I found a better balance.

I love my husband.  I have created a wonderful home for my DDs and my SSs.  I recognize the boundaries of being a SM and am much happier today because of it.  Doesn't mean I don't feel completely helpless at times.

I accept that DH parents differently than me and give thanks that we do not share children.  

Each steplife is different.  Another SM might be horribly unhappy in my situation.  I am happy.  It has to do with expectations and boundaries and respect.

Rocker.Mom.07
by The Savior on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:30 PM

My life is fine. I think SD is making her own decisions on how she feels about things over here and not letting BM drag her down with her on her dislike for us. She's been warming up to me a lot more, starting to listen a little better, actually seems a little sad when it's time to go back to moms for the week...and I think it's helped I've gone back to work, DH stays home working on his certifications and she gets more time with dad. He's not driving and hour to work, working all day, then an hour home and him hardly getting to see her on his weeks.
Yes, life would be better/easier/whatever if BM actually communicated and could get over her immature hate...but that will never happen. But that fact doesn't make life, or steplife, bad for me.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM

I have a happy SM life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)