Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Forgetting that you won in court...

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:04 AM
  • 13 Replies

My custody battle continues. We had court a few weeks ago but we didn't accomplish much. The judge is ready for a final hearing and had us down as a final. The opposing attorney said it was ANOTHER temporary hearing. Judge says we need to do our court mediation so he sets up the whole thing right then and there. He also ask if there are any issues that need to be resolved that day. There was. Summer visitation with my son was not included in the prior temporary order. I had given ex the dates our daughter would be available this summer and he had not responded anything about the dates.

Apparently he had issues with the dates and especially ONE date...Father's Day. He didn't want to drive on this day (we live 350 miles apart and meet 1/2 way). Never mind that I drove all day on Mother's Day. The judge asked me if I minded changing it to June 14th (Saturday). Ex tells the judge he has other kids at home and doesn't want to drive. Okay. I didn't mind. Then the opposing attorney wants to change all the other dates due to ex going out of town. So everything was changed to what ex wanted. Ex's attorney types the Order up and I got my copy in the mail this past Monday. He even added times in it even though that was never discussed in court. We had mediation this past Wednesday (only lasted 30 minutes...NOTHING resolved) but we went! 

So today...I'm driving to meet ex 1/2 way. DD9 called her dad to ask if her sister was at his house (she misses her). Ex asked her what she is doing and she responds we are driving. The conversation is short. The interstate had a bad wreck and we ended up stuck in traffic (just me and my 2 kids). My dd9 texts her dad that we may be a few minutes late. Ex calls our ds15 and ask what dd9 is talking about. They hang up. DS15 tells me to turn around and go home because "dad forgot we were meeting today and thought it was tomorrow". I called ex to find out what the deal was because I'm already a good distance to the meeting place. Well....he FORGOT that he got what he wanted! He FORGOT he didn't have to drive on Father's Day. He immediately tells me he will come ALL THE WAY to pick them up on Father's Day. Soooo instead of not driving on Father's Day, he will be driving 700 miles round-trip.

No, I'm not going to meet him again tomorrow. I have MAJOR studying to do for my summer classes and he already messed up my study schedule. He and his wife also emailed me a few days before Mother's Day telling me I had to come ALL THE WAY THERE and get my son for the day if I wanted to see him even though I was scheduled to have him the whole weekend. I had to send them and his attorney a letter stating I fully intended to file contempt if they followed through with breaking the CO. They then changed their minds and I got my son but I still drove all day on Mother's Day. I did buy him a Father's Day card though from our kids. DD9 is excited about giving him something. Trust me...I did it for HER and not him. DS15 couldn't care less lol.

So basically....ex forgot he won something in court that he made a HUGE deal about to get. Who does that??

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:37 AM
I know someone else like that...

I had not seen an update from you. Do you have your son for summer or full time right now?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:42 AM
I have him for 2 two week periods. It's the same schedule my daughter is on. They will be back the 29th and final hearing is on July 16th.

It's been a roller coaster ride!

Quoting momof2ex1: I know someone else like that...

I had not seen an update from you. Do you have your son for summer or full time right now?

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Oh I see. Does your daughter go to dads the same time he is with dad or when he is with you?

I am really hoping things go in your favor. Put this behind you.

Quoting chasinrainbows: I have him for 2 two week periods. It's the same schedule my daughter is on. They will be back the 29th and final hearing is on July 16th.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't help but think that his not willing to compromise at the last hearing when you worked out the schedule and then him forgetting this weekend - will really play against him. I know people forget things but damn. When you are in the middle of a custody battle and you make a demand such as 'I don't want to drive on a specific day'. You would think he would remember that.

Quoting chasinrainbows: I have him for 2 two week periods. It's the same schedule my daughter is on. They will be back the 29th and final hearing is on July 16th.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:26 AM
I requested for the Court to keep them together and the judge agreed.

Quoting momof2ex1: Oh I see. Does your daughter go to dads the same time he is with dad or when he is with you?

I am really hoping things go in your favor. Put this behind you.

chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:32 AM
You would think! Then again, his wife wasn't sitting next to him during the hearing to remind him later what happened lol. She was sitting outside the courtroom with my son...so she could observe anyone trying to talk to him. She ALWAYS sits next to my ex but not this time.

And who forgets to get their kids?!? My son didn't care but my daughter was crying because she hasn't seen her dad and his family since Christmas. Plus she wore her favorite outfit.

Quoting momof2ex1: I can't help but think that his not willing to compromise at the last hearing when you worked out the schedule and then him forgetting this weekend - will really play against him. I know people forget things but damn. When you are in the middle of a custody battle and you make a demand such as 'I don't want to drive on a specific day'. You would think he would remember that.

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I hope you get the best outcome possible in final hearing.
Custody battle is emotionally and financially draining, esspesially when Ex is a jerk.
Best of luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara82lee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
This all sounds pretty normal to me. Except the "I forgot" part!
dana63
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I am hoping you are documenting all this because it will help in your favor. I am not in a custody battle such as this but one because I raise my granddaughter and had her 8 years and the mother (my DD) decided she wanted custody. She spent over $4000 for a lawyer and I worked my own case and won because he wasnt prepared and I had every pea in a pod. I know my battle wont be over until I adopt but I know to document and I file anything with the courts that will help in my favor.

Good luck!

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:14 PM
How is your son? Does he want to come back?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN