Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Is this rude?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM
  • 40 Replies

Mobile Photo

So, we got a puppy! She's adorable and I had to show off my sweet girl on Facebook :)

Everyone that comments basically says how cute or happy she is :) except I found the last comment to be rude/ridiculous/out of line & I wanted to know if I was just overreacting.

"Is this your way of adding a daughter of your very own to your family?"

The "of your very own" was obviously referencing SD, as she IS a daughter in our family - just not MY daughter. This person knows my SKs are here for the summer.

(FYI I have two sons, SS and SD)
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
runinpinkshoes
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Hmmm. That's an odd comment to make. I think my feeling on a comment like that would be influenced by my relationship with the person saying it. Is it someone who wants to make a point of telling you you're not SD's mom?

mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Yes rude!
mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Unfriend.
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM

This.  Said nicer than I was thinking.  :) 

Quoting runinpinkshoes:

Hmmm. That's an odd comment to make. I think my feeling on a comment like that would be influenced by my relationship with the person saying it. Is it someone who wants to make a point of telling you you're not SD's mom?

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM
I'd hve said no it's my dog I'm happy w my male children.

I'm honestly non plussed that I have no daughter. It would have been nice but I'm not like, lamenting it.
AnnieChristian_
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Isn't it odd though?! She is just an acquaintance. She actually has two boys, same ages as my boys and it is rare for her to comment on anything I post but when she does, it's always in reference to me NOT having a daughter.

"When are you going to cut SD4's curls? His hair is so long. You should just have a girl already!"
"Are you and DH planning on trying for a girl anytime soon? We are!"
"Why are you watching The Little Mermaid, you have boys!"

So I definitely don't think it's a "SD isn't yours" thing but I also don't think it's a coincidence she makes a cunty comment like that specifying "daughter of your own" when my SD is here and the commenter is due with her 1st daughter in a couple weeks.

Quoting runinpinkshoes:

mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Ironically, I just told my dh that I want a female dog soon because I'm out numbered: ds, ss and dh.

In the same as your case though. I'd be offended but I'm not super thick skinned.
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:08 PM
We got a boy dog and told DS it was his brother.

But yea, that comment seems rude, especially hearing the back story.
XXanonymousXX
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this
BS like this is why I don't Facebook. But damn, that's one cute dog!
goldilocksbecky
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:26 PM

I'd have to reply with, "I already have a daughter of my very own.  This is our way of adding a puppy to our family."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)