Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Shocking DNA results : You ARE the stepparent!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
I'm in the living room pretending to fold laundry. My Netflix show ends and I turn on regular tv. Maury is on.

From what I gather, the big shocking stories today involved women claiming their children were fathered by married men. I saw that two of the husbands were, in fact, the fathers.

The wives in the situation said they were standing by their husbands; they knew of the infidelity beforehand and accepted that they might be the fathers. Still this is Maury and the women were going at each other.

I just started thinking about after the show. In both scenarios that I saw, the husbands and their wives said they would be supportive of the children.

Can you imagine being in that scenerio?

I feel so badly for those children, because I can only imagine the drama in their lives.
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pepper504
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:19 PM
4 moms liked this

Nope, nor would I be in that scenario.  If DH cheated on me, I'm out.  BUH BYE.  I left a cheater and I had a child with him.  I can definitely leave DH as we do not have any kids together. 

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. If this happened to me I'd be done.
GlockMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:37 PM
6 moms liked this

I doubt I would stay with DH if he cheated.  If he concieved a child.....absofreakinlutley not!  I am honest enough with myself to know I would hate him, her and most likely never be able to see that child as anything other than a burden from staying married to cheating scum.

pepper504
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting GlockMom:

I doubt I would stay with DH if he cheated.  If he concieved a child.....absofreakinlutley not!  I am honest enough with myself to know I would hate him, her and most likely never be able to see that child as anything other than a burden from staying married to cheating scum.

This 100% would be why I couldn't stay with someone who cheated AND had a child as a product of that betrayal.  That is a constant daily reminder of the betrayal and it's not fair to me nor that child. 

WickedPissah
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:39 PM
You don't have to have a kid in that sitch for there to be drama.

Look at some of women on cm.
mamabear2014
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

i feel bad for any kids whose parents felt it was necessary to publicly fight over paternity. can you imagine 20 years from now they see those shows. oy.

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be outtie.  Not the kid's fault but I just couldn't ramp up to two BMs and a betrayal.  Too much effort for too little reward.

I'd rather be alone than deal with that.

stepdiva
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Right?

Quoting mamabear2014:

i feel bad for any kids whose parents felt it was necessary to publicly fight over paternity. can you imagine 20 years from now they see those shows. oy.

6isus
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:27 PM
I like your honesty here! Ditto!

Quoting GlockMom:

6isus
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Ok we all need to be on the look out... They should be joining up soon! So let's see if we remember their story when either BM or Dad's wife/sm joins the rest of us crazies. Lol.

No way would I be involved in a raising a child conceived in that sitch.

Quoting WickedPissah: You don't have to have a kid in that sitch for there to be drama.

Look at some of women on cm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)