Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh doesn't respect my feelings

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have a combined family. My ss is the oldest and he's 18. He didn't finish high, he has a baby on the way,he is on probation and he has a tether because he violated his probation.

Since we are a combined family and have been together since the kids where young we treat each others kids like our own. My oldest (the one I already mentioned) doesn't have a relationship with his mom at all. I feel is every confusing having different rules for all the kids. It's like he gives the oldest special treatment. Of course, I know he's going to get treated different cause he is 18.
But the other day my dh and I leave the house to run to the store and we come back and my ss and his girlfriend (this is not the mother of his child, she's the new girlfriend) are in the basement with the lights off and is quiet. I asked dh if he feels that's okay. He never answered me, so I being it up later. He tells me he doesn't see anything wrong with it. Then I remind him that one day our daughter will be 18, and ask him if this kind of behavior is except able for her. He tells me no. We bump heads a lot when it comes to setting rules for our household. I really do fear the younger kids thinking they can get away with things they see my ss getting away with. No matter how much a express the problem he never does nothing about it. It's like how I feel doesn't matter.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Fayanne
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:26 AM

your house, your rules, and they need to be the same for every kid, yours, his, both, ... daughters, sons.. etc.

I would not be okay with what the 18 yo did, either

whatIknownow
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Me personally, I'd ban women (girls) from the house, to at least keep him from creating yet another illegitimate child... at least as long as he's tethered.  I'd look at it as a period of time you can at least keep him from making another baby.

OvrMyHead
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Hope he has figured out how to use bc.
beckyv1972
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I am now working on my second blended family, and it is not easy by far. First blended family we ended up with custody of ex's 4 children that came with lots of problems. Ruined our marriage for sure. Now on my second blended family, my husband does not discipline my kids (his choice) I have tried. Told him he is an adult figure in our home so he is allowed to discipline. NOPE wont do it. I do discipline his kids to a point but have learned from the first round to keep to myself unless someone is going to get hurt. The very best of luck to you, your husband needs to take responsibility for his 18 yr old or the problems and babies are going mound up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)