Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

O/T - Buying a house sucks. vent

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm super stressed!  Dh and I are buying a house.... yes, at the same time dh is getting custody of ss5.  I would not suggest doing these things at the same time!

Well, Two weeks before the emergency hearing that awarded dh temp custody, until the trial on Aug 7-8, Bm had a hearing to raise child support.  That raise in creased dh's debt to income... making us loose the loan.  Child support is on hold because he has custody but things will not be final until the trial. 

Dh applied for the mortgage on his own because we plan on having a baby (in the future) and didn't want to count on my income.  Well, I am currently submitting my income and credit info in hopes of saving this thing.  I think it will because I have good credit (higher then DH's) and very little debt. The stresser is that our contract with the seller is up on Tuesday next week and with the holiday weekend coming up, I'm not sure if its going to work out. 

I don't like talking fiances with people but I'm about to have a break down.  We want to be in the new house before school starts, I'm not happy in the neighborhood we are currently in and I really love this house. 

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:02 PM
DH and I just bought a house. The process is completely stressful. Good luck!
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Buying my first house was so stressful. Hopefully things work out for you guys.
mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Congrats! How long did it take?  I heard FHA's are longer.... which is what we are doing. 

Quoting pdxmum: DH and I just bought a house. The process is completely stressful. Good luck!

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM

It didn't take long, standard mortgage.  But the minutae of the paperwork almost screwed up the carefully timed move.  They kept needing further proof of everything.  And we had still not officially closed and recorded when we moved in.

it is our first home together.   We live in two separate cities.   He moved into the home I own and I have lived in for 20 years.  This second home will be our only home once we actually live in the same city together in a few years.  My home is almost 100 years old.  Our new home is brand spanking new and modern.  I love the differences.  I like new better.

Quoting mrsd2013:

Congrats! How long did it take?  I heard FHA's are longer.... which is what we are doing. 

Quoting pdxmum: DH and I just bought a house. The process is completely stressful. Good luck!

mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:36 PM

We are currently renting a refurbished historical home from 1910.  We love the wood work and character.  But we have completely out grown it and its not the the best neighborhood.  It was DH's bachelor pad.  I lived over an hour away and am having a hard time adjusting. 

You live in two different cities now?  That most be hard.  Has it always been that way? 

The paperwork is exactly what driving us crazy too.  They asked me to rewrite a letter because they didnt like the wording.  Dh has been going back and forth with them about a number of things but child support is a big issue.  I know the bank is just doing their job.  We just can't wait for the trial to be over to move. 

The house we are trying to purchase is a mid century modern.  Its completely different then what I thought we end up in but has a newly updated kitchen and bathroom (with granite and tile work).  And big windows with lots of light.   

Quoting pdxmum:

It didn't take long, standard mortgage.  But the minutae of the paperwork almost screwed up the carefully timed move.  They kept needing further proof of everything.  And we had still not officially closed and recorded when we moved in.

it is our first home together.   We live in two separate cities.   He moved into the home I own and I have lived in for 20 years.  This second home will be our only home once we actually live in the same city together in a few years.  My home is almost 100 years old.  Our new home is brand spanking new and modern.  I love the differences.  I like new better.

Quoting mrsd2013:

mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Me too.  Thank you.

Quoting Polkadotted: Buying my first house was so stressful. Hopefully things work out for you guys.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 7:48 PM

I love mid century modern.  Very livable.

a month before we got married DH lost his job.  Four months after we got married the only work he could find was 3 hours away.  That was five years ago.  We make it work.  He telecommutes every other week on Thursdays and Fridays and I go up there every other Thursday because I only work three days a week that week.  We make it work.  It is an amazing job for him and he loves it.  When Ss15 graduates high school is when we are thinking of selling my home and me moving up there.

Quoting mrsd2013:

We are currently renting a refurbished historical home from 1910.  We love the wood work and character.  But we have completely out grown it and its not the the best neighborhood.  It was DH's bachelor pad.  I lived over an hour away and am having a hard time adjusting. 

You live in two different cities now?  That most be hard.  Has it always been that way? 

The paperwork is exactly what driving us crazy too.  They asked me to rewrite a letter because they didnt like the wording.  Dh has been going back and forth with them about a number of things but child support is a big issue.  I know the bank is just doing their job.  We just can't wait for the trial to be over to move. 

The house we are trying to purchase is a mid century modern.  Its completely different then what I thought we end up in but has a newly updated kitchen and bathroom (with granite and tile work).  And big windows with lots of light.   

Quoting pdxmum:

Quoting mrsd2013:

mrsd2013
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

The economy had made people do some hard things. I don't envy you.   Thanks for the distraction and chat. :)

Quoting pdxmum:

I love mid century modern.  Very livable.

a month before we got married DH lost his job.  Four months after we got married the only work he could find was 3 hours away.  That was five years ago.  We make it work.  He telecommutes every other week on Thursdays and Fridays and I go up there every other Thursday because I only work three days a week that week.  We make it work.  It is an amazing job for him and he loves it.  When Ss15 graduates high school is when we are thinking of selling my home and me moving up there.

Quoting mrsd2013:

Quoting pdxmum:

Quoting mrsd2013:

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM
It's awful here. Houses are like 650-800k for normal houses, and God knows where ppl come up w that dough but you have a difficult time buying w a mortgage because investors w cash in hand out bid you. Not that I will ever be able to buy since I have no savings aka nothing to even put down
sid1083
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM
My only issue with buying was the title company - nobody knew what they were doing so we (my loan officer really) had to keep barking up the tree to higher ups. Magically what I was originally told wouldn't be ready for 3 days was done in a matter of hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN