Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

DH hates me!

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM
  • 76 Replies
Long.

DH won't get a damp job.

So...He has 2 kids from two previous relationships and only admits to one of them. He never told me about the second child.

We have one of our own.

He won't get a damp job so I have to pay for everything including his child support and food and shot when he insists on having visits with his favorite child.

I have paid for three training classes including a welding course and now he says he doesn't want to weld.

I snapped broke down into tears and we fought. I told him to get the he'll out or get a job

Now he says he hates me and won't speak to me. He says he resents that he stayed home with our son.

So? He wasn't working at the time anyway and he is in school now. He said he wanted to do computer science so I put him through community college while son was an infant.

I'm so upset.
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lonelymoon
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:22 AM
His "favorite" child?
soooowhatnow
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Yes. He has one that he spends time with
The other one no one knows about. He hardly ever sees her and if he does it is just a quick visit to her grandmoms house
N_maricle
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:25 AM
3 moms liked this

Ugh, sorry you are going through that. Honestly it sounds like he's dead weight and you would be better off without him. If he intended to get going in a career, he would have done something with his education by now. Jmo.

soooowhatnow
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:28 AM
I'm so upset. I really need him working. I gave him my last to find the school for him. He turned down all the free career programs in the area
Dewinter
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:34 AM
10 moms liked this

You are being used, and now that his gravy train is coming to a holt he is throwing a tantrum

1. Stop paying HIS child support, as sm you are under no obligation. If he does not get a job to pay it, that is on HIM.

2. Start putting money in a personal (as in only your name on it) account, so you have some back up money in case you need it.

3. Find a good daycare.

4. If you are planning on leaving this man-child you need to lawyer up and fast. Get temporary custody so he cannot take your son out of city limits.

5. Stop giving him money or access to the money you are making, he needs money, he can get a job.

Good luck

soooowhatnow
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM
If that is true it hurts me to my heart that he can NOT want to work.

I try to think he wants to provide something.....
soooowhatnow
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:37 AM
He really got angry as I told him to stop doing visits as he has no money or gas money due an extra person and that shit falls on me
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't ever have STARTED paying his child support. And I wouldn't support a man long term.
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Easy, divorce.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Why do you stay with him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)