Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Who's lying?????

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM
  • 73 Replies
SS16 just got back from camp last night around 5pm. Exhausted. It so happens he got back on DH's visitation night which was also the same night of a big family 4th of July party DH and I go to. SS16 had said he was excited he could make it this year because every other year he has been away at camp and missed it.
BM jumps in with, "SS16 is exhausted and doesn't really want to go but won't tell you that DH."
BM and DH proceed to have blow out via text.
DH says to SS16, "If you don't want to come then tell me. You are 16 not 6. If you are tired and don't want to come it's not a big deal!"
SS16 insists his mother is putting words in his mouth and yes he really wants to come but when we pick SS16 up and we get to the party SS16 pretty much drags ass all over it with his eyes half shut.
I'm pissed at BM and SS16. BM won't stop reaming DH up one side and down the other for "not thinking about the wellbeing of his son" DH is TELLING SS16 "it's ok if you don't want to come over" And you have SS16 lying to someone.
In cases like this I don't even want SS to come over.
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:09 AM
4 moms liked this
Was he rude at the party? Maybe he really did want to go even if he was tired. You're really making a big deal out of nothing IMO.

There has to come a point wwhere dh just ignores BM.
sunshinedaisy75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:16 AM
The point of the matter is BM was picking a fight and SS16 is old enough to keep his mother from badgering the shit out of his father for certain things.

Quoting venessaw04: Was he rude at the party? Maybe he really did want to go even if he was tired. You're really making a big deal out of nothing IMO.

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Your stepson shouldn't be the go between, between his parents... It sounds like mom was right he was too exhausted to really enjoy the evening.

Quoting sunshinedaisy75: The point of the matter is BM was picking a fight and SS16 is old enough to keep his mother from badgering the shit out of his father for certain things.

Quoting venessaw04: Was he rude at the party? Maybe he really did want to go even if he was tired. You're really making a big deal out of nothing IMO.

apoynter
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Why worry about pointing fingers???  I'm sure SS16 DID want to go to the party, but as a CHILD he doesn't realize that sometimes sleep is more important than a party.....and he may just be trying to keep the peace between his parents.

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh i must have missed the point then. That is not ss place to keep BM from badgering DH. Im pretty sure your DH is old enough to handle the mother of his child and if not thats on him.

So maybe bm was right, but as i said maybe SS was excited to go since he didnt have a chance in the past.

You say in cases like these you dont want ss to come over. Thats not your call, it was your DH sceduled visitation. Why shouldn't he come over? Is it because you dont lke BM yelling and fighting with your DH? Hes a big boy he doesn't need to answer to her when ss is at the house.

Quoting sunshinedaisy75: The point of the matter is BM was picking a fight and SS16 is old enough to keep his mother from badgering the shit out of his father for certain things.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM

The boy is SIXTEEN-old enough to speak up.

BM should have just stayed out of it.

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Yea but tigress that's her baby and seeing him exhausted knowing he shouldn't go to the party and should have rested... It would be hard for me to keep my mouth shut

Quoting Tigress22304:

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably no one is really lying. SS16 probably told his mother he didnt' want to go, then changed his mind. I don't think this is really a big issue.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting apoynter:

Why worry about pointing fingers???  I'm sure SS16 DID want to go to the party, but as a CHILD he doesn't realize that sometimes sleep is more important than a party.....and he may just be trying to keep the peace between his parents.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I understand that-if any of my kids were like that-I would suggest they stay home-catch up on sleep but they're hard headed LOL if they wanna go-they will go. Maybe speak up once or twice but not to the point that me and the other parent are fighting over text for hours on end.

If the boy felt he was ok enough to go,and started to get worse-Dad should have taken him home and made him go to bed. I just dont see the point of the fighting back and forth between the parents. Dad should have insisted the SS get some rest.

Quoting amantonacci: Yea but tigress that's her baby and seeing him exhausted knowing he shouldn't go to the party and should have rested... It would be hard for me to keep my mouth shut
Quoting Tigress22304:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)