Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do I really need to respond?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:07 AM
  • 40 Replies

Ok... so we have been in this house for 5 years. We've had the same phone numbers for at least that long...  We have given them to BM many many times.

She got a new phone. Apparently needs to redo contacts.  So she messaged me on FB, not DH just me. asking for both cell phones, home phone and our address. We really have given them so many times. She asks for the address every time she wants to mail something. Shoot I searched just the FB messages between us and they were there at least twice.  More for the cell.  I figured the kids would ask to text her or call her, but they haven't since she sent me that the other day.  I can put DH's name on whitepages.com and get the address and phone number....DH said it was ok to ignore it for now.

When is it not my responsibility to give this info? Why can't she do a little bit of work and find it?

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bestefforts
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I would just send her the info. Sure it's a pita, but this is really not worth fighting over. Feel free to vent your frustrations here, then craft an email and send her the info...and save a copy do you can just resend it next time :)
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:53 AM
6 moms liked this
My ex is like that. So what I do is resend the email I already sent. Makes no difference. He will just ask again.

Not worth your frustration. Just resend and be grateful your brain works differently than hers.
dougiesmom
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM

I personally would just send it, but to answer your question of when is it not your responsibility, it never has been. It's her and your DH's job to make sure each retains contact with their children. Not saying you should rock the boat, but you shouldn't feel like it's something you HAVE to do at all. :)

nurse1997
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

It takes a sec you could of been done with it already but you choose to ask us on cafemom !

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:23 AM
This!

Quoting pdxmum: My ex is like that. So what I do is resend the email I already sent. Makes no difference. He will just ask again.

Not worth your frustration. Just resend and be grateful your brain works differently than hers.
wise.toes
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:43 AM

if dh asked you to ignore, i'd do just that. 

she'll figure it out, i hope. if not she can ask dh. 

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Eh, I'd prob just send her the info again at your convience just do be nice. But no, it's not your responsibility.
tiafez
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:17 AM

respond with a "it's in this message trail, scroll up" or don't respond at all. 

cdrainey3
by Cher on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM
My husbands cousins wife, does this to me! It's really annoying. I have wanted to say so many times, do you not write this down? OR you know FB saves our private messages from the beginning of time. Look through our pms and get it! Of course I don't say anything and just give it to her, yet again. It's not worth the fight or hurting her feelings. Very annoying though. I have an address book and as soon as someone gives me their address I write it in there. That simple.
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Because I'm sick of doing everything for her and I'm annoyed she refused to see the kids this year. I want to be done enabling. But I'm feeling guilty.

Quoting nurse1997:

It takes a sec you could of been done with it already but you choose to ask us on cafemom !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN