Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

This month.....

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 6:47 AM
  • 24 Replies
This is hard on me but I told DH that since he hasn't found a job yet I will no longer cover his expenses. My last give was a nice suit for I interviews.

I know that the statements will arrive soon with the late fees. I know they will start to call.

I do feel bad but he should have been working for some time now and I think seeing those late fees. Seeing the cable and Internet go and other things will motivate him.

I hope a welding job comes through soon.
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmarieMA
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:01 AM
How long has he been without work? I'm sure this is a hard time for you. I will say a prayer...we have been there.
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Sorry but I don't recall your story. Has he been looking for work? Had any offers?

Is he receiving unemployment (if not, why not)
soooowhatnow
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Hello. I'm sure you wouldn't get it. I have a post called DH hates me on here.

Back story.

A few years back DH and I got together. He had a temp job at the time and we started dating. After we got married .When that job ended he had trouble finding another one. Then, my mom died and I found out I was expecting.

He called me while I was doing the funeral arrangements to tell me he and his bm decided I was going to rakwchis child in. Yes ME. Things have never been right since then.

I said his child needed to remain with his WORKING mother.

DH and I decided he would attend community college for a short program and get a job. He stayed with out child during the day.

Fast forward to now. Our school is in school. He has dropped out of 3 or 4 training programs and still no job. I even paid for a welding course and he says he doesn't want to weld.

So he is in his I own now
MBanks524
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:22 AM
That would be a hard situation to deal with. I don't blame you and think you're going the right thing.
soooowhatnow
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:29 AM
I take my responsibility on this. I picked a man who was not a provider. Then I stepped in and took over.

My only hope us that deep inside he has a desire to work and my letting him see the need for his working will be a catalyst for change.

I thought my being firm about the custody change years ago after the death of my mother would have been enough but it wasnt.

If you knew your lack of a job is the reason you can't have custody then why not work?
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
What does this sentence mean?

He called me while I was doing the funeral arrangements to tell me he and his bm decided I was going to rakwchis child in. Yes ME. Things have never been right since then.
soooowhatnow
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:45 PM
I'm sorry.

I was saying that after my mom died I was devastated of course. I was busy making the funeral arrangements and DR called to tell me that he and his ex had decided that his son was moving in with us (meaning me because DH had not found a job and so I would be providing for the 3 soon to be 4 of us).

I was very hurt and told him "no" as I was in no position at that time to even talk about a custody decision while trying to bury my mother (she and I were close). I've struggled since then with how DH acted in my lowest point of grief
venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:47 PM
What is the issue why cant he find a job. So letthe extras go no harm in it if he wants it he will get a job. Is he being picky about the job he will take? Are you? If offered a minimum wage job would he take it?
soooowhatnow
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:54 PM
At first he didn't want to work weekends as those were his custody days. Then he didn't want to work evening as he wanted to have his son in the evenings.
Now he is refusing all the welding jobs as they are a city over and he may have to work four days straight and stay with a relative and come home on the weekends only. Bullshit
SKW86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM

this is how i was with y exh. He lost 2 jobs for stealing from a fortune 500 comany, and was prosicuted for a good amount of money. I flat out told him I would not pay his restitution. 

he was lucky though and is able to get a job. and was able to recover from his legal problems. he is lucky that he doesnt have any other kids besides our daughter and we didnt have to deal with paying CS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)