Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you do that at your OP's house...

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM
  • 24 Replies

I've been thinking about it lately. I have said this to both of my kids, both have different dad's. 

YDD picked up a pen and wrote on the wall, she wrote her name of all things. I asked her if she did that at her dad's and she said "no". But when she was on skype with him, i said "oh kennedy likes to color on walls" he said "kennedy has always liked to write on walls". One time she cut her hair, nothing noticeable, exh just found the hair on the ground in the bathroom. I have never had a problem with DD writing on the walls or cutting anything, till this week. She wrote on the wall and "accidently" cut my bed sheet. Now she doesnt get those things. 

Have you asked your kids or SK this question??

by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oldproatthis
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Not really, I don't much care what they do in the other house. DH and I are raising them to behave the way we expect them to in our home.
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Nope because I know how bm is with the stepkids. DH and I are a bit more leniant then BM is.

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  Bad behavior at their dad's house has no relevance to bad behavior at my house.  Mine are teens.  If I asked them if for instance they talked back to their dad, they would say yeah mom, way worse than with you.  You don't put up with our shit the way dad does.

deal with the moment, not what they might have done at dad's.  You make yourself less powerful, less in charge if it only matters if they also do it at dad's.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM

No, I have never asked my stepkids that question, because I don't care what the do at their mother's house. I assume writing on the walls is not acceptable at any one's house. To ask that question, would be to effectively say "is your mom a bad parent?"

Quoting SKW86:

tiafez
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM

how old is she?

SKW86
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:13 PM

She is 5. This whole split houses is pretty new to her, its only been happening for a year and a half. but she knows better.

Quoting tiafez:

how old is she?

MBanks524
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I have asked my SD that. Her dad and I both have asked would mama let you do that at her house? SD usually says NO, then we tell her there is no reason to do it out house. Same rules apply.
MBanks524
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I have asked my SD that. Her dad and I both have asked would mama let you do that at her house? SD usually says NO, then we tell her there is no reason to do it out house. Same rules apply.
SassyMom25
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM
I'm thinking that I gave before but I have no clue what it was in reference too. I know BM asked SS that quite a bit...because he would act up more at her house.
raerae725
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I have asked that while babysitting as well. I don't see how it's implying the other parent is bad. More of a you know no one allows that behavior.

Quoting whatIknownow:

No, I have never asked my stepkids that question, because I don't care what the do at their mother's house. I assume writing on the walls is not acceptable at any one's house. To ask that question, would be to effectively say "is your mom a bad parent?"

Quoting SKW86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)