Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

It's DHs job to...

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:31 PM
  • 56 Replies
2 moms liked this

"Put mom in her place"

"Keep mom on a leash"

"Train mom to..."

At what point is it his job to:
Tell his wife those are rude and derogatory ways to speak about the mother of his kids and he won't tolerate it?
She isn't a dog, she's a human. A human he shares a child with.

And that her place isn't where SM thinks it is?

Not everyone uses these terms, I realize that, but there is one here today that used the putting mom in her place thing and I've seen the leash and train one in various places as well.

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KiwiMumto3
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Boundaries are healthy whether separated parents have new partners or not. It's not about "putting mom on a leash" it's about saying "I understand your concerns but please trust my judgments as our child's father and respect my time with child by giving us space to develop our own relationship".
CFSTBSM27
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:38 PM
4 moms liked this
If BM or SM is respectful,communative and cooperative DH should not have to do any listed statements above... We all know every mom or SM isn't a peach so that's bias and purely situational. When people treat people like shit,chauffeurs or ATMS simply because they've been able to in the past ... Yea sorry but that is subject to change regardless on whose suggestion
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly SO says rude things about her not me. In private of course.
Panda113
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:41 PM
I say sucks to be DH. Boundaries are good and so are adults who act like adults.
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:42 PM
8 moms liked this
Also I have heard more of BM telling BD to put his bitch on a leash than the other.
6isus
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I agree with both Kiwi and CFST.  Everyone is an adult and no matter if a SM or BM, respect should be given to the situation and the kids.  it's respectful to the kids to treat all the people in their life with common courtesy.  IT'S ABOUT THE KIDS.  

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Me, too.

The only thing I expect of DH is to figure out how to co-parent with her so that she leaves me completely alone.  Her expectation of me appears to be that of employee / subordinate with an associated expectation of DH that he ensure I perform my role.  He has been instructed on many occasions before to "put that bitch in her place". 

Quoting faerie75: Also I have heard more of BM telling BD to put his bitch on a leash than the other.

pepper504
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally, it's DH's job to deal with his exwife just like it is MY job to deal with my ex.  If DH could have put BM in her place, put her on a leash and/or train her to . . . they may not have gotten a divorce.  Ya know?

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Lol I don't really do shit for BM directly but she somehow manages to have 3 of her kids at my house 25 days a month in summer. Thanks SO!

(No that isn't te summer order, and I don't mind extra time but CO 10 days a month and 2 uninterrupted weeks In summer, I'm not one to complain about support but t could be better used feeding her kids who are here almost the entire month when not supposed to be. I'm a but annoyed at BM and SO currently)

Quoting Derdriu:

Me, too.

The only thing I expect of DH is to figure out how to co-parent with her so that she leaves me completely alone.  Her expectation of me appears to be that of employee / subordinate with an associated expectation of DH that he ensure I perform my role.  He has been instructed on many occasions before to "put that bitch in her place". 

Quoting faerie75: Also I have heard more of BM telling BD to put his bitch on a leash than the other.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Well, if it's his job to put BM in her place he can put SM in her place too. and all those other things for SM also.

While he's at it dad can train the children too

but as said above if everyone can act as adults, it's not needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)