Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

CS

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM
  • 128 Replies
Do you think if parents don't see their children they should still have to pay CS? Do you think that whoever doesn't have primary custody should?

I know fathers back home that refuse to pay bcus they don't see their kids. I've heard their gfs defend this action.

I don't receive support often bcus he doesn't think he should have to. Idc if he does bcus we take care of kids. It's his fault because of his choices he has made that has caused him to not see them or be a part of their life.

My oldest sons father was only ordered 134.00 a month and could never be bothered to pay and as our son got older rarely came to visit him.

I've also heard that BF's and SM's income determine support amount. Is that correct?
My DH pays child support + for his daughter. He said he would if he got to see her or not.

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Where did you hear that? No, it's no correct.

As for absent parents who don't see their children -- yes, they should pay.

Quoting MBanks524:  I've also heard that BF's and SM's income determine support amount. Is that correct?

tiafez
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM
4 moms liked this

child support = supporting the child. it says nothing about CSIYSTCO = child support if you see the child only. 

two different things, be it BM or BD, you create a kidlet, you should be helping support the kidlet. it's that easy peasy to me!

Sept-babies2
by Ashley on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Stepparents income isnt factored In. I just went to court for my sons bio dad who hasnt seen him in over 3 years..his choice to oay support. Its not even that much. Dh pays a lot of cs to bm and sd is here way more.
tiafez
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

and support should be based the parent's income, not the stepparent's income. 

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:19 AM
I agree

Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting MBanks524: 

I've also heard that BF's and SM's income determine support amount. Is that correct?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MBanks524
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:22 AM
I heard it through a friend going through divorce. She's been married 20 years. Kids are teens. They are fighting over everything

Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting MBanks524: 

MBanks524
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I thought my friend was wrong but wasn't sure.

Quoting tiafez:

and support should be based the parent's income, not the stepparent's income. 

MBanks524
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM
My DH pays as much for 1 as my ex is supposed to pay for 4. My DH does not miss a payment, that's his baby. I wish all parents cared about supporting their child just bcus they are their babies.

Quoting Sept-babies2: Stepparents income isnt factored In. I just went to court for my sons bio dad who hasnt seen him in over 3 years..his choice to oay support. Its not even that much. Dh pays a lot of cs to bm and sd is here way more.
andie646c
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

My income was never and legally could not have been used to determine CS for my SK's.

CS is meant to increase a child's living situation to that of which they would have enjoyed had their parents not divorced. With that in mind, I think a parent who is refusing to pay CS should pay more. When calculating CS, they chose the numbers used with the fact that the person paying must also support themselves and the kid EOWE. If they aren't doing that, then they should pay for the child to be cared for at the parent who is taking care of them's house.

leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

CS in my jurisdiction is to cover the NCP's portion of the costs of raising the child. Only the NCP's income and the child's costs are considered, the custody schedule is not a consideration, it is calculated as if the child only lives with the CP.

My husband has always been the primary financial provider for his son and I have always supported him in doing that, I believe in CS being mandatory payment for one's offspring.

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)