Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Teen SK

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM
  • 8 Replies

This is not my first relationship where I am a SM. Thing is, with my exhusband I had my SS since he was 3. Fast forward to present day, and my bf has two teen daughters in the house. My BK are 20 and 11 with my 11yo being a girl. I think I did a really good job raising my 20yo son. These girls are something  else!! Having to deal with drivers ed, sneaking out, running off and talking back. Oh, my! It doesn't help that dad makes excuses for them...their mom doesn't pay attention...I like to spoil them...all that! I don't mind spoiling a kid, IF they are doing their part! No talk back, chores, no sneaking out...Geez...

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Run.  Run and don't look back.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

All 3 of you are the reason they act like that.

heatherann1123
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Eh, nah. They do what they want, when they want. 

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:48 AM

So what? he's just your boyfriend, why do you care if he's doing a bad job as a father? Just date him when his kids aren't around. They'll be out on their own in a few short years.

MBanks524
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:50 AM
It's only going to get worse if something doesn't change, so put on your seatbelt for the bumpy ride.
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh, nah, what?  She's right.  They behave this way because of the attitude of all 3 adults.  However, since you're just the girlfriend, you're the only one who SHOULD be in a position to simply spoil them IMO.  BF and BM are failing them by simply accepting their behavior and allowing them to do what they want, when they want. 

Me?  I'd run!  Fast! This wouldn't be the relationship nor the situation I'd want my kids experiencing (12 and 16).  You?  I can't tell if you're bragging or fearful of the situation.

Quoting heatherann1123:

Eh, nah. They do what they want, when they want. 

heatherann1123
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM

It's like they don't have boundries, and when does it become too late to set those boundries. My kids are 20 (off at college) and 11. I don't want my 11yo picking up their bad habits!

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM

It becomes too late when the BIOS refuse to make a change.  It'll be HARDER to make a change (establish boundaries) with teens but not impossible.  Your 11yo won't pick up on the bad habits because He lives with YOU all the time and YOU won't allow it (unless YOU pick up on BFs bad habits that is). 

Quoting heatherann1123:

It's like they don't have boundries, and when does it become too late to set those boundries. My kids are 20 (off at college) and 11. I don't want my 11yo picking up their bad habits!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN