Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I find this so disrespectful...

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM
  • 112 Replies

If someone could make this clicky, that would be great.  

I think the act of documenting for the NYTimes the story of your infidelity and divorce and true love worth fighting for without class.  Made me angry.  I can only imagine how BM feels or even how the kids are going to feel when their friend's parents watch it.

Yeah, married people fall in love and leave their spouses.  But to make some happy little video about it seems way too in your face.  And then the part where she chimes in to ask if his kids are OK and then taking over for him seems like such a newbie "I am the new mom of the house SM" move.

Yuck.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/fashion/weddings/100000003010012/vows-an-imperfect-beginning.html?playlistId=1194811622327

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I am pretty sure that they aren't even thinking about BM one bit and I am sure everyone who knows them is well aware of what happened. People who do those things usually are not thinking about anyone else.

MBanks524
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure the feelings of the kids or BM are not even considered. This could have a negative impact on the kids and their relationship.
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

oh wow...

Yea, outrageously disrespectful of his ex and his poor kids. 

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:28 PM
5 moms liked this

My thoughts:

1.  He's a coward.  So his first marriage either had issues that he opted not to work on or he is just a morally bankrupt tool.  Cowards only choose to move on once they have found someone new versus either attempting to fix the issues or separate. 

2. These people are just assholes.

Krlachan
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Well that is almost the same thing that happened to my hubby! His wife joined the coastguard and met someone and didn't come back. Asked for a divorce in an email and gave my hubs custody of their daughter

WickedPissah
by Cup Cakes on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Its disrespectful.
But I'd be laughing my ass off.
Live up to the hype sweetie.

mrsd2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM
6 moms liked this
Ahhh that is awful. It's one thing to say 'God bless the broken road' or we were divorced for several years before meeting but this is a complete slap in the face to bm and their past. Also, I find it sick that America is now glamorizing falling in love with someone else while being married.
mrsd2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Yes! Those poor kids.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

oh wow...

Yea, outrageously disrespectful of his ex and his poor kids. 

runinpinkshoes
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM
4 moms liked this
I think it may have been in poor taste to document their love story, but I feel they do address the struggle of finding love at the wrong time. And it's interesting to see a story told from that perspective, I guess because I agree that love doesn't always happen the way you expect, and sometimes it isn't perfect.

I guess because of how I grew up, I can appreciate the situation; the same thing happened with my dad and SM - my dad left my mom for my SM when I was 7 and my sisters were 6 and 3. There was no cheating, and my parents weren't happy anyway, but it was still an other woman scenario in a sense.

And I personally think it's the best thing he could've done for our lives. He and my SM have been married 28 years and are much happier. And as kids we had happy lives, with no parents fighting all the time.

That being said, they didn't flaunt it, and I don't think there's ever a good reason for that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)