Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Is BM PARANOID we're going to steal her money??? (Or rather her husband's money since she doesn't work)

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM
  • 154 Replies
BM gave DH a CCD schedule for the next year and a copy of her check that proved she paid for it, but she crossed out her account number, routing number, her check number and what bank she uses. Ummmm, I'm wondering WHY? What could DH or I possibly want or do with that info, I'm just curious?????
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiafez
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:57 AM

meh, just look at it and laugh. 

SnapIt
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Anal?
All she had to do was cross out the bank
sunshinedaisy75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM
She is a complete moron!

Quoting SnapIt: Anal?
All she had to do was cross out the bank
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Quoting tiafez:

meh, just look at it and laugh. 

That is what I would do.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM
16 moms liked this

Ya damn straight you cross that shit out! She is NOT paranoid. She is smart!

Do you know I could pay a few bills, order some shit with ALL the info she crossed out?

Seriously, you need to learn a bit about protecting yourself and your important account numbers. She MAY trust him, but she dont fucking know anything about YOU.

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

If you have someone's account and routing number you can set up an account on paypal and purhase things using their account to pay for it.  Many online stores also allow online payment by check.

Frankly, I would do the same if I was giving a copy of a check to someone who wasn't part of a business organization as it's simply keeping your banking data safe.

I think you are overthinking this.

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Yep. I pay my gas, electric, water, and cable over the phone just using my checking account number and routing number.

There is a lot you can do with that info.

Quoting baparrot2:

Do you know I could pay a few bills, order some shit with ALL the info she crossed out?

Seriously, you need to learn a bit about protecting yourself and your important account numbers. She MAY trust him, but she dont fucking know anything about YOU.

sunshinedaisy75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Oh THERE you are Parrot. Yes because I am the first person she suspects of EVERYTHING. Because that wouldn't get traced RIGHT BACK TO ME if I did. Seriously?

Quoting baparrot2:

sunshinedaisy75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:07 AM
As if that stuff can't get traced????

Quoting jlg12678:

If you have someone's account and routing number you can set up an account on paypal and purhase things using their account to pay for it.  Many online stores also allow online payment by check.

Frankly, I would do the same if I was giving a copy of a check to someone who wasn't part of a business organization as it's simply keeping your banking data safe. I think you are overthinking this.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Not to mention that ex husbands and ex wives commonly either remember or have the other pertinent numbers to go along with those! Like SS#'s, birthdates, mothers maiden names and adresses!

My ex's SS# is listed on my divorce papers!

Imagine what one could do with ALL those numbers put together! Fuck that shit.

Quoting jlg12678:

Yep. I pay my gas, electric, water, and cable over the phone just using my checking account number and routing number.

There is a lot you can do with that info.

Quoting baparrot2:

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if only you are willing to listen. - Jimmy Buffet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN