Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

CS and what it covers.

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM
  • 264 Replies
1 mom liked this
BM and DH divorced for nearly 4 years now. Custody is 50/50. Kids get $700 a month in CS. Each parent fully clothes in respective homes. Not once has BM asked for extra for clothes, shoes, etc. CS covers that. Not to mention she doesn't need to send, anything, wardrobe wise.

We all just got back from a weekend at the beach. SS had on old ratty sandals that apparently, one strap let go. Still wearable.

DH hasn't heard from BM in a long time, but today, she sent a text about how she had to go to Walmart to buy new sandals for SS. And now, wants half. Are you joking? CS covers that. She texted back because we went away and had a good time, DH needs to pay for damaged shoes. WHAT? Sorry, not getting a dime extra.

Sorry had to rant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM
3 moms liked this

in your case no she can kick rocks.

lol think about how laughable it is to demand half of ten dollars for wal mart sandals and then forget it.

Bubbles2014
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:18 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh she sent the receipt - 7.99

Smdh....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bottomline
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Seriously? In your case, 50/50 and paying CS I would say nope to paying 1/2 of the sandals.  Good grief.

Bubbles2014
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I know.

I mean, I want to know if I should be looking at this differently, but...

I mean, it like he is paying for them TWICE, you know? Pays for their care and needs at CP. Pays for them here - full home, rooms of their own, food, clothes, meds....ugh! Why is she whining all of a sudden?

Quoting bottomline:

Seriously? In your case, 50/50 and paying CS I would say nope to paying 1/2 of the sandals.  Good grief.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XXanonymousXX
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell no. Even if they were $100 sandals. With 50/50 time and day to day expenses CS can cover things like shoes. And, you know, if she really wants to split expenses on things like shoes why not split on every shared expense and do away with CS entirely. I would suggest that and see how she feels.
Bubbles2014
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Forgot to add that he apologized for forgetting to tell her about the shoes, and will buy a new pair. That's when she demanded half for the pair she bought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbles2014
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:35 PM
That was offered and she refused. Years ago. Oh well.

Quoting XXanonymousXX: Hell no. Even if they were $100 sandals. With 50/50 time and day to day expenses CS can cover things like shoes. And, you know, if she really wants to split expenses on things like shoes why not split on every shared expense and do away with CS entirely. I would suggest that and see how she feels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like she is in a crappy mood.

I do 50/50 with my ex and we don't exchange child support (our choice). The only time I have ever asked him to pay half of something was a dental appointment that was huge. $7.99 sandals wouldn't even be on my radar.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:05 PM
5 moms liked this

OK, I will play devil's advocate.

You take child away for vacation and trash a pair of shoes.  Summer shoes that the kid needs.  Send kid back to mom with trashed shoes that she now needs to go out and replace.

I would be pissed and that is what I would be communicating to BF.  My guess is this is not really about the $7.99.

pepper504
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Quoting jlg12678:

Sounds like she is in a crappy mood.

I do 50/50 with my ex and we don't exchange child support (our choice). The only time I have ever asked him to pay half of something was a dental appointment that was huge. $7.99 sandals wouldn't even be on my radar.

This is how my ex and I are, although we do split DD17's high school tuition, braces, car insurance and cheer stuff 50/50.  In other words, anything outside of what is at our house, we split.  lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)