• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ice Breaker Time

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

SS's are due to come home in about 2 and a half weeks from visitation with BM and I'm trying to get my game face on.  When DH is home it's easier because we have each other here to help reflect all the negativity that comes with them coming back after being gone so long. 

The counselor suggested years ago that we do an ice breaker activity which I have lined up, spending a day at Wet N Wild, but dealing with everything by myself while he is in Korea makes it a bit harder......sorry ladies today is a bad day for me and I needed to vent. 

Any suggestions on tackling the awkwardness???  It's been almost 6 years and it does not get easier...it actually seems like it gets worse.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM
You guys have a wet and wild!? I haven't been to wet n wild since I was 13! 20 years!!

I like the water park idea. Movies are good too because they don't require talking. Activities to keep you busy are better than sit down meals which require a convo.
Putt putt
Bowling
Lazer tag
Trampoline park

How about friends over for a sleep over? This is what I've been doing for the last couple of years. I set up friends coming over the next day after return. They keep my dd busy and it takes her mind off of drama that starts boiling over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QX56momma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM

HAHA!!!  They just opened it this summer.  Thanks for the ideas......it gets rough.  Makes you feel like everyone is strangers!!!!

Quoting momof2ex1: You guys have a wet and wild!? I haven't been to wet n wild since I was 13! 20 years!! I like the water park idea. Movies are good too because they don't require talking. Activities to keep you busy are better than sit down meals which require a convo. Putt putt Bowling Lazer tag Trampoline park How about friends over for a sleep over? This is what I've been doing for the last couple of years. I set up friends coming over the next day after return. They keep my dd busy and it takes her mind off of drama that starts boiling over.

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM

do you havea local baseball team? at a game you are cheering and yelling without that pesky first bit of talking. 

MBanks524
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I think wet and wild is a great idea.  I also think board games or anything fun.

QX56momma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:23 PM

We absolutely do and that's a great idea!!!!!

Quoting tiafez:

do you havea local baseball team? at a game you are cheering and yelling without that pesky first bit of talking. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)