Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Get out of our bedroom!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM
  • 32 Replies

okay, so, my dh called me at work and told me "you forgot your phone today" .....I was puzzled by this and simply said "no I didn't" ....he then proceeds to tell me that his mom was up in our room cleaning the area by our dogs kennel on the other side of our room from our bed (we have a HUGE long bedroom) and apparently dh's son was up there with her and saw my *old* phone.......which was sitting on my nightstand behind a couple bottles of water and lotion.......?? on the OPPOSITE side of the room.....

why is he snooping around my nightstand and messing around by our bed?!?!....my dh just laughed when I said I don't want him snooping around there with the things (condoms) on your nightstand and tube of stuff (ky) on mine!! seriously?!? come on!

I don't want ANYONE in our room unless we are there....I should be able to have at least ONE space in my house where I don't have to worry about anyone snooping around...just irritated...

I will say...I do appreciate that his mom was cleaning the dogs area....but I would rather be the one doing that...oh, and I've mentioned this sort of thing several times before....UGH

okay, end vent :)

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KnowItAll
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I'm a pretty open person about stuff like that.  However, on the occasions that I don't want anyone in my room, I lock the door when I leave. 

Happily Married | BM to DD14  DD14  DD13 | Mom to DS8 & DS5 | CP | Not a SM

Numama72
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM

well, I guess I'm not comfy being open about stuff like that with kids who are all 8 years old and under....also, if we didn't have our dog in our room and my mil coming to let her out I would lock the door (if there was a lock on it that is!...ha!)

maybe it's a little different for me too being they are my stepkids....and well, just the thought of MIL possibly milling around in there creeps me out a little too... lol

Quoting KnowItAll:

I'm a pretty open person about stuff like that.  However, on the occasions that I don't want anyone in my room, I lock the door when I leave. 

kss12
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:03 PM
And given the fact that it's you're house, you shouldn't have to worry about locking your door before you leave because you're worried about someone going in there.

Quoting Numama72:

well, I guess I'm not comfy being open about stuff like that with kids who are all 8 years old and under....also, if we didn't have our dog in our room and my mil coming to let her out I would lock the door (if there was a lock on it that is!...ha!)

maybe it's a little different for me too being they are my stepkids....and well, just the thought of MIL possibly milling around in there creeps me out a little too... lol

Quoting KnowItAll:

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM
I expect my kids to be in my room and don't leave things like that lying around.

Quoting Numama72:

Quoting KnowItAll:

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM

lock the door

Panda113
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:13 PM
I don't leave stuff like that laying around just in case. I don't like people in my room though (guests, in laws, friends, or kids). I just think that everybody needs a little personal space.
packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Quoting soonergirl980: I expect my kids to be in my room and don't leave things like that lying around.
I thought that was what you were supposed to do? Put things away when not using them? 
Honestly, I'm a bit of a prude. We don't have a whole lot in the way of "NO YOU CAN'T SEE THAT!!!!"... but we've been known to hide gifts in there. We just, you know, put them where the kids can't get to them. 
I've never banned a kid from a room and never understood the concept. Don't get in my dresser without permission or don't go through my closet without asking, yes, but room? It's a room in a house just like any other room in my house.
Numama72
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Everyone is different...I expect the kids to stay OUT of our room as we need to have a little personal space and should have at least one area where we don't have to worry about leaving something laying around.

Quoting soonergirl980: I expect my kids to be in my room and don't leave things like that lying around.
Quoting Numama72:

Quoting KnowItAll:

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Yea, stuff like that gets put away in a drawer when not in use. So, there are no worries about a kid accidentally finding it. The kids are allowed in our room. But, were MIL in my room snooping around... Well, that would be another issue altogether (my MIL and I don't get along).

Wednesday800
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Although the kids are exactly invited into our room, I understand that there's times they will come in (to ask DH or I a question when we are in there, chasing after the cat or dog, etc), so stuff of a private nature gets kept in the nightstand drawer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)