• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lol this should be interesting....

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

so the gilroy garlic festival is this weekend. it is an anniversary of sorts, SO and i met when i crashed his family's post-garlic fest party 4 years ago.

well i guess BM and her new boyf are going the same day.

i just hope he does not say we ran over his foot w our stroller and pick a fight w her so he can go out  and party, hahahahhah (regulars may remember this)

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sm1bm3
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:02 PM
I've always wanted to go to the garlic festival. I love garlic
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:13 PM

its relaly hot but the food is good.

we usually do a walk around, get a plate, get the kids a treat and let them ride a ride then go to his nephew's house up teh street. thats where i met him. the whole street nearby throws a block party pretty much.

Quoting sm1bm3: I've always wanted to go to the garlic festival. I love garlic

sm1bm3
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Is it expensive? The crawdad festival is about an hour away and we almost went last year until I saw it's $20 per person for the entrance fee and then the food runs at least $10 per plate. With a family of 6 I find that rediculous.

Quoting faerie75:

we usually do a walk around, get a plate, get the kids a treat and let them ride a ride then go to his nephew's house up teh street. thats where i met him. the whole street nearby throws a block party pretty much.

sm1bm3
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Oh and we have the California nut Festival which is $40 per ticket. That's more of an adult thing though.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM

lol we are a family of 8.

its 13- up 20 at gate w no plate, 35 with plate, 6-12 10 at gate, 5 and under free. we get the tix online though. we got one adult w plate for 31, one adult w no plate for 18 (we share) and two kids for 8. it will be me, SO, ss 13, 11 and 6, and the baby. we are telling them ss13 is 12 and ss6 is 5. ya i know we are cheaters. and my older kids arnet going because one works and the other says its "ghey".

we are poor too but we sorta HAVE to go its our "anniversary" and his family expects us for their big fiesta.

Quoting sm1bm3: Is it expensive? The crawdad festival is about an hour away and we almost went last year until I saw it's $20 per person for the entrance fee and then the food runs at least $10 per plate. With a family of 6 I find that rediculous.
Quoting faerie75:

sm1bm3
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Ouch. I would fib ages too lol. Ours don't have rides or anything fun for the kids like that. If it's a tradition then that makes it more worth it.

Luckily our annual stuff is free (free food too because 3 generations of my family are volunteers). The kids get to be in the parade and enter the costume contest :)

Quoting faerie75:

lol we are a family of 8.

its 13- up 20 at gate w no plate, 35 with plate, 6-12 10 at gate, 5 and under free. we get the tix online though. we got one adult w plate for 31, one adult w no plate for 18 (we share) and two kids for 8. it will be me, SO, ss 13, 11 and 6, and the baby. we are telling them ss13 is 12 and ss6 is 5. ya i know we are cheaters. and my older kids arnet going because one works and the other says its "ghey".

we are poor too but we sorta HAVE to go its our "anniversary" and his family expects us for their big fiesta.

Quoting sm1bm3: Is it expensive? The crawdad festival is about an hour away and we almost went last year until I saw it's $20 per person for the entrance fee and then the food runs at least $10 per plate. With a family of 6 I find that rediculous.
Quoting faerie75:

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

YUM!  Enjoy some for me!  I've driven through Gilroy a number of times but never been up there for the festival itself. 

Surely this new fellow from Fresno can some up with some NEW stories for you to tell, he shouldn't have to recycle party-boys stories/events!  ;)  (unless there's some bathroom wall they're all reading the 'how to's' off of in Fresno!  ;) )

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:07 PM
For BM's sake I hope there are no exciting stories and he is great but then se would likely treat him like crap. Im predicting dramz unfortunately.

Quoting jules2boys:

YUM!  Enjoy some for me!  I've driven through Gilroy a number of times but never been up there for the festival itself. 

Surely this new fellow from Fresno can some up with some NEW stories for you to tell, he shouldn't have to recycle party-boys stories/events!  ;)  (unless there's some bathroom wall they're all reading the 'how to's' off of in Fresno!  ;) )

aeELE
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh Party Boy. Things have gotten so tame without you...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)