Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you think CS should be paid no matter what?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM
  • 48 Replies

CS is ordered by the courts, but neither parents want it. Parents wanted CS to be set at the state minimum, but court facilitator said that wouldnt happen, CS for 50/50 was 83 dollars, judge said "no your income is higher than hers so i'm setting it at 125".

So CS isnt being paid....Do you think it should be, no matter what?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CadillacCutie
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:56 AM
If it's. It being paid won't the ex husband loose his license? Or get onto legal trouble?
Anyway... If both couples agree then the courts should let them and step down from judgment in the case. IMO.
SKW86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:58 AM

i guess he could get into leagal trouble if it goes through support enforcement. but now its just sitting as a CO, no enforcement. judge just signed off that it can be between the parents.

Quoting CadillacCutie: If it's. It being paid won't the ex husband loose his license? Or get onto legal trouble? Anyway... If both couples agree then the courts should let them and step down from judgment in the case. IMO.

cdrainey3
by Cher on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I think yes, just because if the person supposed to be receiving the support decides to play dirty, they can get back support at any given moment. Doesn't matter what was verbally agreed. Even if the money is going into a savings account, better than getting screwed down the road. I would play it safe.
CadillacCutie
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:01 AM
Oh I see, I didn't know that.

Quoting SKW86:

i guess he could get into leagal trouble if it goes through support enforcement. but now its just sitting as a CO, no enforcement. judge just signed off that it can be between the parents.

Quoting CadillacCutie: If it's. It being paid won't the ex husband loose his license? Or get onto legal trouble?
Anyway... If both couples agree then the courts should let them and step down from judgment in the case. IMO.

SKW86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:03 AM

This is my situation. And while i don't plan on playing dirty, or i'm sure as ExH and his sl..Girlfriend would think it would be "revenge". I agreed to what I agreed to. 

I guess what if it comes down the road and CS is needed, and he refuses to pay?

Quoting cdrainey3: I think yes, just because if the person supposed to be receiving the support decides to play dirty, they can get back support at any given moment. Doesn't matter what was verbally agreed. Even if the money is going into a savings account, better than getting screwed down the road. I would play it safe.

Skybabe
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Not if either of you don't want it. I don't think a court should be able to force someone to pay money to someone to who doesn't want it!!! Help can always be given without it being forced.

SKW86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:08 AM

exactly. I don't want the money, but what if there is a time that its needed? I would like to think he would help. I don't know though. I don't need it now, just thinking down the road. 

Quoting Skybabe:

Not if either of you don't want it. I don't think a court should be able to force someone to pay money to someone to who doesn't want it!!! Help can always be given without it being forced.

erinsmom1964
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:17 AM
3 moms liked this
It's not your money really. If you don't want it put it in a college fund for the child
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:41 AM
This

Quoting erinsmom1964: It's not your money really. If you don't want it put it in a college fund for the child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:51 AM
In a situation like that the parent receiving the CS csn give it back to the parent paying.

But, in an EOWE type custody situation, yes I think the NCP should always pay CS.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)