Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

As soon as I was out of the picture BM calmed down A LOT.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:02 PM
  • 90 Replies

My Ex and I have not been together for over a year now. I noticed that as soon as my Ex and I have not been together, BM hasn't caused any drama for XDH. 

Before she made our life a living hell. Always taking him back to court for more CS. Always taking time away from My ex. Calling CPS on us because we were abusing SS. Always trying to hold my ex in contempt. There was always ALWAYS something. And now it's like she disappeared. 

IDK just a random thought I had. Got me thinking because I read a lot of posts where BM's get all crazy when they find out you and your DH's bought something new or go and an awesome vacation. It's almost like they want a piece of it as well.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pumpkinbean
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't want a piece of anything my ex has. It's not all Bio moms honey. My kids SM and I are friends.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM

You have both crazy BMs and crazy SMs, however your husband had a responsibility to ensure that situation didn't become your problem.

TheEms
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I definitely feel (in my case anyway) that the bitching from BM is purely because SM is in the picture.  She will speak/text to DH usually nice and jokingly but when the topic is about me, I'm the 'problem' between them.

nena8790
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM

That's awesome, more power to you if  you can get along with BM. :)

Quoting Pumpkinbean: I don't want a piece of anything my ex has. It's not all Bio moms honey. My kids SM and I are friends.

KarmaBusDriver
by ChiefBottleWasher on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

That is very sad. If you guys haven't been together for a year how do you know what goes on now that you aren't part of daily ins and outs?  Do you miss you skids?

nena8790
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I think as much as he tried to not get me involved she would out do herself and make the issues that much more complicated. They were almost inevitable.  

Quoting leegirl_jm:

You have both crazy BMs and crazy SMs, however your husband had a responsibility to ensure that situation didn't become your problem.

nena8790
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I know what you mean. 

Quoting TheEms:

I definitely feel (in my case anyway) that the bitching from BM is purely because SM is in the picture.  She will speak/text to DH usually nice and jokingly but when the topic is about me, I'm the 'problem' between them.

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not just women. It's human nature in general. Most people don't like seeing their exes move on even when they have, especially in the first years after a break up when the wounds are still fresh.

In my case, shit hit the fan when I moved in with DH and BD went a "little" crazy.
beckyv1972
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Dh's ex was a witch before they separated from what Dh tells me, then moved up to b**** when they went their own ways. Now she is full blown NUTS since we are married and have a baby together. Weird thing is shes still with the guy she committed adultery with. "Some" and I say "Some" BM & SM are just this way, although its harder to understand it when its directed at you.

nena8790
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Although My ex are not together, we are also not the worst of enemy's. We have our fall outs every now and then, but my ex always confines in me when he has problems in his life. Every time he had an issue with her he would call me. Every time she missed a visit he would call me and have him help with court papers. I don't miss the life I used to live when I was a step mom so I would say no.  

Quoting KarmaBusDriver:

That is very sad. If you guys haven't been together for a year how do you know what goes on now that you aren't part of daily ins and outs?  Do you miss you skids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)