• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SS' shoes -- WWYD?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM
  • 47 Replies

Poll

Question: What should DH do with the shoes?

Options:

Send both shoes to SS

Send at least the running shoes to SS

Return the shoes--SS apparently doesn't want them

Keep both shoes here for when SS comes

Other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

When SS came down for the Summer, he brought down very worn running shoes that were falling apart. DH insisted on buying SS new shoes for him to use and bought two pairs--one pair of running shoes and one pair of hiking shoes for him to go hunting. SS refused to use any of them. Even one of his friends asked him why he didn't want to use his new shoes to play a basketball game and SS just gave that friend a dirty look.

The shoes were $180+. What should DH do with the shoes?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
progressandjoy
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:10 PM

How old is your SS? How did his friends know he had new shoes?

How often does SS visit?

sara82lee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:47 PM
I'd return them. But I'm just practical like that :)

Curious why he didn't want them though
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

you guys had issues with ss i recall. to me it sounds as if he wouldnt use them, its a pride thing. id offer them one last time but then likely return them.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM

one thing to consider. did he pick them out? because i dont pick shoes for ds16 or ss13, they are picky as hel;l. fuck, even ss6 is picky. ss11 isnt, he is happy w what he is given.

FreedomTruth
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Send shoes home with ss. They are his shoes to do what he wants. Next time go to walmart and purchase shoes.
Skybabe
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Why didn't he let the SS pick out his own shoes that he liked if he was going to spend that much money?

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I voted other.

If BF is certain DS will come back for another visit and might then wear the shoes (he wouldn't likely outgrow them), perhaps he could keep them in case DS changes his mind about them.

If BF feels that DS won't change his mind, or he'll outgrow them before his next visit, I'd return them.  No sense in throwing good money away due to a stubborn teen.  ;) 

I would NOT send them back to BM.  Not this particular BM.  No telling what BM and DS would do with them, but he wouldn't wear them, I'd lay money on it... :( 

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Not sure why he turned his nose up at the new shoes.  I'd return the shoes.  When he comes back, maybe bring him to the store to pick out what he wants, IDK. 

Kids! UGH!

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I've let go of the weirdness that is shoes and clothes and SSs.  Even when shoes are requested, often they never get worn.  The amount of money invested in shoes and clothes never worn is a lot.  

I have learned not to worry about it.  If they go back to BMs, that is what happens.  If they never come back, that works too.  Because once DH buys his boys something, it is theirs to do with as they wish.  He has learned, however, to not buy expensive shoes without commenting about the numerous pairs never worn.  Things are a little better.

i would let the kid decide what he wants to do with them.  Did he ask his son why he never wore them?

MBanks524
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd offer him them again, but return them if he refuses them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)